Bal-chock and Michelin tires.

ChopperBill

Planning to get rid of the stock Bighorn tire because I KNOW they will be trouble down the road. Did any of you that changed to the XTS 235/85r/16 happen to know if the Bal Chocks will fit between the tires. Mine seem to just make it with the stock 80r tires.

jimtoo

I have not changed tires yet,,, soon though.. but the bal chocks are adjustable... should work.. If you have the one with the nut on the bolt opposite end of the handle, you screw nut up or down to adjust size of chock.

ChopperBill

Anyone have an idea if the XPS LT245/75R16/E will work? They are about the same diameter as the Load Stars. A little wider so I don't know if it will interfere with the frame or suspension.

Wild Wind

Bill , stick with the first choice, 235/85, they turn a little less RPM for less bearing wear, plus raises the trialer about 3/4' higher, they ride better, and grip the road more.
I had a serious clearnce problem, when I installed the new tires on my 3055. Luckely, I looked up on the inside top of the tires to see the out rigger brace, only 1/2" away from the inside edge of the tires. Heartland in their brillance:mad:, put the out rigger floor supports just a little to the left of top dead center( another 2" to the left and everything would have ok. I had to cut and rework both floor supports:mad: .
The fair door side was ok, but check everything:eek: .
Those floor braces are just waiting to grap tires and shred them, if the lease little thing goes wrong:mad: , another good reason for interfenders:rolleyes: .

ChopperBill

Think I will go with the 245/75 Michelins. They may be smaller but I wont have the issue of braces too close and the are about the same size as the OEM tires. Went to the wheel manufactures web site, ww.serieso6.com, and see that they are 7 inch wheels, ok for the 245's. Plus they are about $20 cheaper @. Wal Mart so far has the best price of $212 @ but will call ALL dealers on Monday to keep every one honest.