Near Lake Erie

cableman

We were thinking of going to camp in lake erie and was wondering if anyone had any ideas for good campgrounds in the lake region. Pa, Oh, or Ny doesn't really matter. would like to be close to the lake as possible.

jnbhobe

Hi Dan and Lexie; I can think of 3 that are close to the lake. Indian River in Geneva on the Lake,Ohio-- Saras on Presque Isle in Erie, Pa ( lots of sand and kids) -- Lake Erie State Park near Dunkirk, Ny. all are real close to the water. Lake Erie Park has no sewer hookups. I will try to think of more. I forgot to get your ph# at the rally. PM me with it and I'll call you. Jon

imchud

Hi Dan and Lexie; I can think of 3 that are close to the lake. Indian River in Geneva on the Lake,Ohio-- Saras on Presque Isle in Erie, Pa ( lots of sand and kids) -- Lake Erie State Park near Dunkirk, Ny. all are real close to the water. Lake Erie Park has no sewer hookups. I will try to think of more. I forgot to get your ph# at the rally. PM me with it and I'll call you. Jon

I Agree -- Indian river is a very nice clean place and so is Saras, But I think Indian river would be my choice.

hart1369

:cool::D
We were thinking of going to camp in lake erie and was wondering if anyone had any ideas for good campgrounds in the lake region. Pa, Oh, or Ny doesn't really matter. would like to be close to the lake as possible.
east harbor state park in ohio it is between catawaba and marblehead it is great. it has lake access and is near to all islands and shore atractions . its our favorite state park

SmokeyBare

CableMan,

I'm with Hart for East Harbor State park. They have a beautiful beach with NO Tar Balls covering the sand...

This park is along the shore of Lake Erie, near the Island area as well as Cedar Point Amusement park. Plenty to do in the area. Take a Ferry ride to Put-N'-Bay Island for some Adult entertainment or Kelly's Island for a family friendly location, you'll find glacier scrapes from the Last Ice Age on Kellys Island. There are head boats you can book a trip on for some fine Lake Erie fishing. Like History? Johnson's Island was host to a Civil War prison, not all that much left but foundations of the prison but there is a prisoner cemetery.

Passport America club offeres discounts for East Harbor. http://passportamerica.com/campgrounds/oh/eastharborstatepark

Ohio State Parks - East Harbor. http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/eastharbor/tabid/733/Default.aspx

Marv

I third the East Harbor State Park. We had a family reunion there. Passport America is good Sunday thru Wednesday. They are filling fast except the no pet sites.

tracy

East Harbor is great. Its Clean and the staff is great.We go every year and always find something new.Its close to Cedar Point Put-in Bay, and Kelleys Island .

4ever

I would also say East Harbor Sate Park. It is very nice and as others have said and there is lots to do in the area. There is ferry service to both Put-in-Bay (South Bass Isalnd) and to Kelly's Isalnd. You could spend a lot of time at both. Rent golf carts and explore the islands. Also, Cedar Point Amusment Park is not far.

Ted