AC and Furnace Fans not operating

nemo45

My main AC (15000 BTU ducted unit) on my 2009 3600RE is not operating properly. The compressor comes on but the fan will not operate in either the low or high position. Also, the furnace fan will not operate. When you turn the furnace on it will lite, then the fan won't come on and then it shuts down. They are operated from the same thermostat. The AC is still under warranty and we have the repairman coming over Monday. But, I just wondered if anybody else had this happen. I'm thinking its the AC controller and I think the furnace fan is tied in with that also.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Have you checked the wiring at the thermostat. I recall reading recently about a simillar problem. There was a broken wire near the t-stat.
Let us know what the fix was.

Peace
Dave

nemo45

Ok, the repairman was here yesterday and found that the A/C fan motor was bad. Its a chinese motor and he'll have to have Dometic send him one. As far as the furnace fan, I took the cover off the thermostat and found the screw was loose on the wire going to the fan. So, that runs now. When I found the loose screw I thought that I could tell the repairman to skip the call, but the A/C fan would still not come on.

nemo45

I know that, but they are are controlled by the same thermostat and the low speed A/C fan and furnace fan run off the same contact on the thermostat. Depending on if you have it on heat or cool.

nemo45

New plan on repairs. Would take too long to get just fan motor, so Dometic is sending everything that goes above the roof. Should be here this week. Good thing we're in WI. We're cooling the whole camper with the bedroom A/C and a fan blowing cold air down to the rest of the camper. Works pretty good. But its awful noisy in the bedroom at night.