Window Replacement

Cimriver

Had an unfortunate occurrence this past weekend. While out camping some very high winds came up and broke a large limb off the elm tree we were parked under. The good news is that it only broke out a glass window.

The bad news - Heartland parts tell me I can not get a replacement pane, but rather have to buy the whole window. The windows costs $240 and the estimated shipping cost $180.

I would obviously be much cheaper to buy a replacement pane and pay for shipping on that.

Can anyone tell me why it is I can't just buy the pane? Can you give me the name of the window manufacturer to see if they can sell me the pane?

Attachments

• Window.JPG
    Window.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 39

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Why not just let the insurance cover it? Done deal... Heartland gets it's windows just as they come from the manufacturer. I believe it's HEHR. They probably require special assembly techniques and probably are best left to the pros. I don't think $280 for that large window is a bad price. Again, that's what I have insurance for.

Cimriver

Yeah I have insurance also, but I pay the first $250 as this is covered by collision.

Replacing the window really isn't so complicated. I know this as I installed a piece of plexiglass to cover the hole until I get a replacement. A little silicone caulking and rubber trim to waterproof everything.

It's really not difficult at all and the pane has to be way cheaper than the window.

Cimriver

Thanks for the tip on HEHR. I will contact them tomorrow about a replacement pane.

UPDATE: These windows are actually made by Pinro.

Last edited: