Montana (The State) - Rally/Club?

mtmax

New user here. We hope to take delivery of our Elk Ridge 29RK next week. Previous rig was a 2005 Outback 25RS-S TT. Decided to make the jump to a 5er and a new truck and I'm confident we will have no regrets.

Are there any other MT or WY residents around here? I would be very interested in organizing a Heartland Rally in MT or WY.

-Jonas

Hi Jonas and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I like your enthusiasm. We do have Heartland product owners in Montana and Wyoming - though not a lot. I'd love to see a rally in the area at some point. Let's see what kind of interest your thread generates.

In the mean time, do a thorough PDI on your coach prior to deliver, have a lot of fun with it and consider joining the Heartland Owners Club.

Jim

jimtoo

Hi Jonas,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. Like Jim said, please do a really good PDI when you go for delivery.

We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed. So we are here for you.

Jim M

mtmax

In speaking with the dealership yesterday they were very adamant that "they" would do the PDI before I even got there. I am still trying to figure out the most polite way to tell them I want to be there during the PDI. Without getting too much off topic - do you have a good pdi checklist?

-J.

wdk450

Jonas:
I bet a lot of out-of state Heartlanders would LOVE to join you for a rally in Montana!

mtmax

My doors are always open. If there are enough people interested in a Rally here I would be more than happy to organize.

J.

In speaking with the dealership yesterday they were very adamant that "they" would do the PDI before I even got there. I am still trying to figure out the most polite way to tell them I want to be there during the PDI. Without getting too much off topic - do you have a good pdi checklist?

-J.

Jonas,

Yes, the dealer will do his own extensive PDI. But you, as the buyer, may wish to do your own. Approach it this way, your dealer will be doing a walk-through with you to familiarize you with what you bought and how to use all the systems. Most folks like to try everything while with the dealer. If the dealer is insistent on doing the walk-through quicker than you want, try to ascertain that in advance and gain agreement with them for you to stay there for a few hours longer after the walk-through, to spend time in it by yourself, trying to use everything. Then keep a running list of questions and issues. After "your" PDI, present the list to the dealer and give them a reasonable amount of time to take care of it. If your delivery is in the afternoon and you require some corrections, be prepared to not take it home that day.

Here's a link to the Heartland Owners Wiki (HOW) - directly to the PDI glossary term. On that page are links to several PDI forms used by members here and elsewhere.

Also, consider having a partner there with you, video taping the walk-through. This way, you can review it later when you forget what this switch was for etc. :) Clear video taping with your dealer in advance.

Jim

Here's a link to a list of Forum Members who have indicated Montana as their location when they signed up for the forum. Of the 38 members, only 5 have listed their RV as a Heartland, but certainly more of them are owners. Like you, most did not list Heartland as their unit - as when they signed up, they were merely researching. Many then don't go back and update their profile.

Jim

mtmax

Here's a link to a list of Forum Members who have indicated Montana as their location when they signed up for the forum. Of the 38 members, only 5 have listed their RV as a Heartland, but certainly more of them are owners. Like you, most did not list Heartland as their unit - as when they signed up, they were merely researching. Many then don't go back and update their profile.

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the list. I will archive this for future use.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
MT, you can have a rally in Montana any time you want. Patty and I will be there the week of July 19th( sorry no Horn though). We have property in Roundup...not far from Billings. We do have a daughter in Big Timber. BTW, hows the sports arena...didn't look good in the video. Bob

jimtoo

"Here's a link to a list of Forum Members who have indicated Montana as their location when they signed up for the forum."
Thanks for the list. I will archive this for future use.

Jim,,, you didn't even have any bait on the hook and he is following it right in....WOW...how do you do it???,,,, another fresh volunteer almost in the bucket. :D

Heartland people are the best!!!!

Jim M

grizzlygiant

Don't forget to include Northern Idaho panhandle in your rally considerations. I hope to return to Idaho soon and would look forward to a Montana rally.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay Jonas
Welcome to the forum. I was raised in the little town of Midwest, just north east of Casper. Got tired of the snow and cold and moved to Texas.

Come see us in February in the valley.

BC

mtmax

MT, you can have a rally in Montana any time you want. Patty and I will be there the week of July 19th( sorry no Horn though). We have property in Roundup...not far from Billings. We do have a daughter in Big Timber. BTW, hows the sports arena...didn't look good in the video. Bob
I'm located in Billings and grew up between here an Big Timber in Columbus. We are taking the new Elk Ridge to Spring Creek outside Big Timber over the 4th for our first outing. The sports arena ... well ... the brick is still there :) The roof is all but gone. I have heard (nothing in the media yet) that the state wants to get involved with the repair so they can supply and control the contractors.

mtmax

Jim,,, you didn't even have any bait on the hook and he is following it right in....WOW...how do you do it???,,,, another fresh volunteer almost in the bucket. :D

Heartland people are the best!!!!

Jim M

HA ... I used to own a Keystone Outback TT. They had an online community as well but the attitude in the forum was nothing like ive seen here. My folks have owned Hitch Hikers since I was a kid. They never have participated in the local Hitch Hiker gatherings, and I always told them they should go to one to see what its like. I love the sense of solitude you can have when out with your rig, but I also love the sense of community inherent with people like "us".

Rrloren

We're leaving 7/11 taking Northern route to Mi's Mackinac Is. then heading across to visit friends in Kalispell near end of July , hopefully in the middle of the cherry season.
Gonna stay in Bozeman a couple days to see the Rocky Mt Museum and on the way back expect to spend a nite in Big Timber. May see some Heartland rigs along the way.

mtmax

We're leaving 7/11 taking Northern route to Mi's Mackinac Is. then heading across to visit friends in Kalispell near end of July , hopefully in the middle of the cherry season.
Gonna stay in Bozeman a couple days to see the Rocky Mt Museum and on the way back expect to spend a nite in Big Timber. May see some Heartland rigs along the way.

Do you have an estimated date of arrival in Bozeman? I am wanting to get up there to see Marty and Mary Jo at Sunrise Campground, they have been friends of the family for many years.

Rrloren

Do you have an estimated date of arrival in Bozeman? I am wanting to get up there to see Marty and Mary Jo at Sunrise Campground, they have been friends of the family for many years.

If we stay on schedule expect to be in Bozeman 7/21 & 7/22 at the Sunrise Campground then on the way back should be in Big Timber at the Spring Creek Campground on 7/27.

mtmax

If we stay on schedule expect to be in Bozeman 7/21 & 7/22 at the Sunrise Campground then on the way back should be in Big Timber at the Spring Creek Campground on 7/27.

If its not an imposition Tracy and I could probably meet you in Bozeman at Sunrise. We may both have to work a bit during the day because its mid week but working from the RV is better than working from the office.