Job(e) and The Water Pump (21FBS)

Okay, so I decided to remedy the pipe banging from the H2O PUMP. (3 days ago) I took out both panels, looked at all lines, decided some mods were needed. Went to Lowe's and got $32 worth of cup screws, anchors, ties, pipe insulation & hangers, etc. You can only get one arm and your head in the openings at a time. This will test your patience first.
Used the cable ties to snug the pipes in several locations (this took some creativity), then wrapped the pipes with 1/2" insulation turned on the pump and waited, then came bang,bang, bang.
So I crawl back under and try to locate the source while DW runs the pump, no luck still a lot of loud noise and vibration. After spending the afternoon trying to solving the problem, every thing is still laying where I left it. I spent the last two days pressure washing the 52' x12' canopy. Now considering replacing the pump with another model.
Guess I'll just crawl back in there and put everything back together. Maybe, I'll just camp where there will be water hook-up, or just live with the noise.

Any other suggestions??
Guess I'll read the book of Job again.

BGT,

Consider contacting the pump manufacturer, if you are certain (with your ears and hand) that it's the pump.

The manufacturer is likely ShurFlo. Their number is on the Portal on the left.

Jim

jnbhobe

Make sure your not sucking air somewhere also, Make sure there is plenty of water in the tank.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Something else to try . Loosen the pump mounting screws a bit. Actually, remove the screws and try moving the pump an inch or so in any direction that may eliminate some noise. If this works, when re-installing the screws through the rubber mounts, don't tighten them too much. Just enough to keep the pump from moving. Check for any locations that the pex lines may be touching a wall or opening or another pex line. Make sure those areas are insulated also.

PEX tubing is great stuff, but with RV systems you can get a good rattle. On both my Sunnybrook TT and the Cyclone I have added as much pip insulation (split stuff from Home Depot) that I could to minimize the noise.

All it takes is one little spot where the PEX can rattle against a wall, cabinet floor etc to make some noise. If you can't get the foam on all the pipe try using some of the expanding foam and set the tube into it.

Cabinets can double as an amplified speaker cabinet when the tubes rattle against the sides

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had a similar problem with our 2008 21FBS. I swear it would wake me out of a dead sleep if DH had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. We think it was the pipes in the wall behind the fridge or the shower rattling, not anywhere you can get to them! We ended up replacing our pump with this http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/flojet-sensor-vsd-pumps/3247 the 3.7 gpm version. REALLY QUIETED DOWN any banging. Easy replacement.

TT