Wish Me Luck!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Well being off on Friday does have disadvantages. John has to work and I dropped him off there before heading to the grocery store. Got diesel fuel on the way home, hooked up to the camper (which I have done before) and towed her home on residential streets. Loaded up and ready to go! Here's where the wish me luck part comes in! I have to tow the BH to his workplace to pick him up this afternoon and we will head right out from there. I have never driven the BH over the road and especially through construction areas with narrow lanes. Maybe it's a good thing I'll be by myself! I'll be the only one hearing the screaming!!!!!

Like the little engine said, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!!!!!

GETnBYE

How far is his work? I would go get him in a different vehicle, but that's just me. I am exhausted from just reading all that you have done already. You must be super-woman so the rest of it should be a breeze for you.
My hat is off to you.
Nita

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Deb you will do just fine , just remember wider turns. I guess I'll just say YOU GO GIRL!!!....Kenny

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Nita, I am definately a morning person. By noon I'm ready for a nap! It's about 16 miles but mostly highway miles! I also have a little bit of in town driving to do but I think I got it figured so I have the easiest way around the corners.

Kenny, Thanks for the positive....... I drove school buses for years but the bus didn't bend in the middle! I'll be sure to post later so you know i did it!

Let the screaming begin!

jnbhobe

Ahh!! Deb I Know you can do it !! I Have all the confindence in the world in you . I've seen you operate. You guys go have fun, as a mater of fact when you pick John up don't move from your seat. Let him ride shotgun. Have fun, we will leave later this afternoon, taking the twin grandaughters with us.

I have a lot of confidence in your ability to do this Deb and I admire your sense of adventure. When you pull this off, you will have joined an elite group of gals. We do have quite a number of gals on the forum that "can" and "have at times" pulled the RV and a few that do "all" the pulling. You can do it. Let's make this elite group another member stronger!

If you drove bus, you can do this. That will help you in the narrow lanes. As Kenny mentioned, wide turns when you can. And "watch your mirrors", especially on turns and especially the convex mirrors.

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ditto what Jim says. The bending in the middle part is no biggie, just use your mirrors and mentally plan your manuevers before you get to them.

goodtruck

Deb You will do just fine.My wife drives the big truck with a 140 foot load (windmill blade) behind the truck.I think most girls drive better then men.

Last edited:

Cimriver

Remember wide turns and it not going to stop as quickly with that trailer behind you. Leave lots of space between you and the person in front of you.

You will do fine!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Deb, after getting to know you, I don't believe there is anything you can't handle.
John sure is getting spoiled though.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Go for it gal! I do it all the time but I have been working with trailer since I was 12 years old. Let us know how it turns out.
Byrd

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
You're a funny girl Deb. I liked the part where you said you would be the only one hearing the screaming. Now that right there's funny, I don't care who y'ar. I haven't looked at the rally goers list but I hope you guys are going. I have CRS so although I might have met you already, I can't wait to meet you again. ;-)

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Finally getting settled in and I just got to say I was scared poopless! Lots of white stuff (the sides of the camper) in the mirrors where the sky used to be! I did just fine and it is comforting to know that if necessary I can get her home! Here's the topper. When I got to where John works I backed it into a parking lot that wasn't big enough to turn around in. Just told myself I was backing onto the campsite. No runs, no drips, no errors! It was fun but I don't think John will give up the seat anytime soon.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and encouragement! I also owe alot of thanks to Kathy at the PA Rally who I watched take off with their Greystone in tow. Thanks for the kick I needed to give this a try. I always wanted to do it but the size of the Bighorn scared me a bit.

jimtoo

CONGRATULATIONS DEBBIE!!!! We knew you could do it... Heartland people are the best and can do almost anything...:D

Jim M

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Great job Debbie !! Don't we all like it when a plan comes together !! At the PA Rally watching Kathy back in the 39 Ft Greystone !! Wow She did great . I heard a little slack that she made me look bad !! And then to top it off I told her to watch her front end being my GMC truck was there !! Her comment was it's only a "GM" . I knew then Kathy was going to hit it off fine with the group.