305 Questions doors and storage.

Dar

I own a 305, purchased new about 2 months ago. Was missing 2 of the overhead doors over the sofa and I thought it was missing a door over the microwave. But dealer said that heartland says that the area above the microwave does not get doors. Can y'all check and let me know if y'all have doors above the microwave. Also the 110 outlet for the air mattress is mounted on the slideout side wall it is too low. It is behind the side of sofa and plug can not be plugged in. Have to turn mattress around and plug up at the location beneath the counter top. Y'all let me know if this is the same on y'alls. Also dealer told me that the dove tail storage in the rear was not offreed in the 305. But since then I have noticed that there is a steel compartment located under the trailer in the rear. I just don't have access doors to this compartment from the inside. Was I suppose to have these doors in the floor? On the slam door on drivers side it has a assist shock, but it does not extend all of the way unless you pull up on door. Is this normal? Thanks

porthole

Retired
I own a 305, purchased new about 2 months ago. Was missing 2 of the overhead doors over the sofa and I thought it was missing a door over the microwave. But dealer said that heartland says that the area above the microwave does not get doors. Can y'all check and let me know if y'all have doors above the microwave. Also the 110 outlet for the air mattress is mounted on the slideout side wall it is too low. It is behind the side of sofa and plug can not be plugged in. Have to turn mattress around and plug up at the location beneath the counter top. Y'all let me know if this is the same on y'alls. Also dealer told me that the dove tail storage in the rear was not offreed in the 305. But since then I have noticed that there is a steel compartment located under the trailer in the rear. I just don't have access doors to this compartment from the inside. Was I suppose to have these doors in the floor? On the slam door on drivers side it has a assist shock, but it does not extend all of the way unless you pull up on door. Is this normal? Thanks

Picture below is a 2010 3010, Cyclone version of the 305.

If you have the steel compartment, and the access door is not an option I would look into getting the door assembly. That compartment is very handy.

My door does the same with the assist shock, I just assumed it is a feature to keep the door from slamming into the slide when the slide is out or to allow the slide to easily push the door down as you extend the slide.

Attachments

• 2010 Cyclone 3010_29.jpg
    2010 Cyclone 3010_29.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 41

Dar

IMG_0988.JPG Here is pic of mine opening height is 10.5". Don't know this opening will be used for storage without doors. Looks like this opening is higher. It is a regular micro installed below. Sticker on trailer is 4-2010

porthole

Retired
Just measured mine. The opening is 7.5", the inside height is 12".
We store all our "boxed", crackers, cereal, cookies etc. Just use those spring loaded bars across the opening. Also use a 2nd bar behind the boxes to keep stuff from sliding to the back of the cabinet.

Jellystone

Dar, I hope y'all are enjoying the RW 305, we ALWAYS enjoy ours. Our 305 has a little different setup than yours after viewing your pics. #1. Our microwave is below the stove cooktop, so that area above is a full 2 door cabinet like the cabinets beside it. #2. The plug for the fold out air mattress is also on the slide sidewall but it is usable. #3. We have the dovetail storage in the garage. In the rear of the garage there are 2 steel doors in the floor with recessed handles that you open up to reveal the storage area. #4. Our driver side pass thru door is the same as yours with the little shock assist bars. It opens slowly to a certain point and then stops. It does this to give you more control lifting it the rest of the way so it doesn't slam into the corner of the bedroom slideout.---I hope this helps (sorry I didn't see the post sooner).