Rusting frame & all of under carriage on 1 year old camper.

HSuire

I am having trouble getting in touch with this warrentylci1.com to send pictures to the proper people that i was told to send them to. Has anyone else had this trouble with powder coating of these frames? My entire frame from the front to the back on both sides & the gas lines that are metal are rusting. I have rust on the axles and support brakets that hold the gas tank for my generator.

Rickhansen

You have spelled warranty wrong in their email address.
Here's their contact information from their website.

Toll Free Service Number: 1-866-LCI-SVC1 (1-866-524-7821)
Email: warranty@lci1.com
2703 College Ave
Goshen, IN 46528

RollingHome

HSuire, I've had rusting problems with every RV and TV I've owned ! It's a real PITA... What I do is go to Wall Mart and buy several cans of Rust Oleum brand "Rust Converter" (flat black) and just spray over the rust. As long as it's not flakey or peeling you can do this. The so called powder coat that Lippert applies is s(*^&)*&^ ! It's a shame we have to do this but, oh well ! My last TV rusted so bad I took it to Ziebart and had the chassis covered (it was a 2500HD Silverado). I have no idea what the stupid s(*&*'s are thinking when they put the stuff on the road, but you and I must deal with it ! Also get a plastic spray can holder to save your finger. Wear a respirator too... One day on your back should solve your problems. Tom

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Rust is an ongoing thing with every trailer I have both farm equipment and RVs. A wire brush and RustOleum is your best bet.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Our new rig is only 5 months old and the frame severly rusted. Like everyone else...I brushed it off, primed with a good metal primer and painted it black again. Looks like new but its ashame the Powder Coat doesn't hold up. If you just want to spray something on the springs etc to stop the rusting, try Corrosion Block. I have used it for years and it works really well! Spray it on the rusty area and done deal...stops rusting!

PS Weird...I can see the repeated word "new" on the post but it doesn't exist in the edit mode! Don't know why it is there and I can't seem to get rid of it!