Exterior bubbling

We recently noticed some bubbles on the exterior of our 2008 Heartland Sundance. We are very concerned about these since we are out of warranty. We feel like it must be defective fiberglass. Would like to know who to contact about this problem. Thanks

jimtoo

Hi Melhill915,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You can call Heartland Customer Service 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 and talk to them about it.

Jim M

mict1341

had the same problem on my 2009 3300sk they sent a subject to Kansas and he fixed them, had to cut out the area and replaced did a excellent job but I was under warranty. They said this is common and its a separation in the fiberglass not the glue?? keep on them and get it fixed under warranty!!

RollingHome

Dumb question guys... Are these blisters anything like Osmatic blister which boats get ? I didn't know RV's can get these.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Heartland makes their own sidewalls at their lamination shop. Calll Heartland Customer Service.

imchud

We recently noticed some bubbles on the exterior of our 2008 Heartland Sundance. We are very concerned about these since we are out of warranty. We feel like it must be defective fiberglass. Would like to know who to contact about this problem. Thanks

Our friends have the same year Sundance (2008) with the same issue as yours... heartland, after two years took theirs in and replaced the all the siding (a glue problem) and install some pretty cool looking graphic's... The only problem was it took about 6 weeks to get done, but Heartland did step-up &fix the problem on their dime.

Thanks for the information. We love our Sundance and have had great service from this Company. Will call them and see what they will do on this.

piv1

I joined this site wondering if anyone else has this issue (rear wall originally and now I see one near the fridge and heater area) and I see I am not the only one experiencing this. Odd last year I had my dealer investigate and the factory said it must be a roof leak. I looked all over and did not see any leaks. Camper is barely used. I will try the factory customer service as well. I am in Pennsylvania near Allentown.

Thanks

dlindod

I have some friends with a 2008 28BHS with a large bubble in the front panel since they purchased it 1/09 NEW from a Heartland dealer who informed them delamination was of no concern and that it occurred with extreme weather changes (they bought it in upstate NY). 18 months later they had a leak in the same panel and repaired the leak but the large bubble remains. The more about delamination I read the worse this "bubble" sounds. I wanted to buy it but am concerned so I'm doing searches. A friend who owns an RV repair, storage and consignment business has made me even more concerned. Now that I'm reading they make their own panels, I'm wondering if certain batches were bad and they would replace all panels like they did for the one responder. It isn't even 2 years old and they are having to pay to get the slide leak repaired themselves because they were reportedly told the seals were not under waranty still? I'm curious as to what Heartland told you and what they found when they checked out your delamination problem. Your response would be greatly appreciated. ALL responses would be greatly appreciated. They are a sweet and honest older couple who want to get this is good shape to resell whether or not I buy it or it goes on consigment. Thanks

I have a 2008 3300SK with the same problem....Bubbles on the exterior above one of the slide outs. The camper doesn't get used much, and we are very concerned. We have called customer service and been told that the camper is out of warranty, so they will not do anything for us. We've had a couple of local rv centers look at the camper, and none of them want to attempt to fix it. If someone who has had success in getting the factory to fix theirs could give us the name of the person they talked with, we would appreciate it. Any other suggestios would also be appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
MIcamper, welcome to the forum. I know of one person that had something similar to what you are describing. He took it to RVCapital in Elkhart. I think they put in some sort of an expansion joint after a couple of failed attempts to fix it. I am told that the latest fix is working. You can try to send a PM for more specific details. TRAVELER07

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Can anyone post some pics? I want to know what to look for. We have a few quarter sized bumps that sometimes appear, based on the weather. Is this the problem you are experiencing or is it worse?