PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, Berlin - 9/9/2011 to 9/11/2011

Pages : [1] 2

mjatwalker
06-27-2010, 09:33 AM
1531312550 Eagles Nest Rd, Berlin, MD 21811
Venue:
------------------------------

Castaways Waterfront Campground
12550 Eagles Nest Rd
Berlin, MD 21811
410-213-0097
www.castawaysrvoc.com (http://www.castawaysrvoc.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee:
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee:
Details: ------------------------------

Number of sites held: 35
Site fee: $50.00 per night.
Club Member Event fee: $ Per Person
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 9/10/2011
Potluck time: 05:00 p.m.

Event Leader: mjatwalker(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=5357)
Additional Info:
------------------------------

Attendees:
Nancy & Jim Beletti, Director of Owners Interests, HOC # 1001, Site 157
Eileen & David Betton, HOC # 1710, Site 191
Lucia & Mark Burton, HOC #1407, Site 172
Deb & John Bylinski, Northeast Regional Directors, HOC # 1135, Site 180
Louise & Tony Colligon, HOC # 1535, Site 187
Carol & Mike Conley, HOC # 1814, Site 175
Karen & Tom Darling, HOC #1891, Site 169
Betty & Butch Daugherty, HOC # 1493, Site 209
Beth & Greg Dean NY Chapter Leaders, HOC # 1384, Site 179
Betty & Bob Floyd, HOC # 1717, Site 196
Diane & Bob Frith, HOC # 1454, Site 174
Debra & Gus Funderburg VA Chapter Leaders, HOC # 1054, Site 170
Alice & Kimball Gillette, HOC # 1145, Site 185
Lexie & Dan Graham, HOC # 1397, Site 195
Judy & Calvin Hicks, HOC # 1115, Site 161
Reta & Dick Hill, HOC # 1068, Site 162
Francine (Pinky) & Michael (Mickey) Irving, HOC 1806, Site 171
Kim & John Maguire, HOC # 1192
Colleen & Jim Marigliano, HOC # 1880, Site 167
Cindy & Don Massengill, HOC # 1468, Site 168
Betty & Don McGlynn, HOC # 1746, Site 151
Diane & Russell McIntyre, SOBs, Site 189
Leslie & Jim Pasch, HOC # 1285, Site 163
Mary Ann & John Proto, HOC # 1589, Site 194
Geri & Jim Reyes, HOC # 1690, Site 178
Fran & Glenn Schaaf, HOC # 1536, Site 193
Strub, Jean & Chuck, HOC # 1697, Site 197
Sue & Tom Thomison, Site 160
Marsha & John Turner, HOC # 1424, Site 155
Jodi & Mike Vanderford, HOC # 1945, Site 184
Dorothy & Eric van Opstal, HOC # 1202, Site 166
Ann & Mike Walker MD Chapter Leaders, HOC # 1230, Site 181

Don't miss the Crab Cook Off!! Crab eating participants will get to vote on their favorite Crab recipe. Will it be the NJ crabs prepared by Glen Schaaf and John Bylinski, VA crabs prepared by Eric van Opstal, or the MD crabs prepared by Calvin Hicks and Mike Walker. Cost to participants for this extravaganza between $15 - $20 per person. This will be a don't miss event!

Non Club Member Event fee: $20.00 per rig.
Each site has full hook up

Be sure to specify that you are booking for the Heartland MD Chapter Rally. Same rate for early arrival or late departure.

Maryland is excited to announce that it has chosen the Worcester County Humane Society,
12330 Eagles Nest Rd., Berlin, MD 21811, as its charitable organization for its 2011 rally. Please refer to post 140 for further information and a list of items the shelter uses.

hillsonwheels
06-27-2010, 10:10 AM
If you folks find a nice one we'll try our darndest to be there. It's worth the price of admission watching the dogs walk Ann!!!!!! :D We also want to get in line for some more of that marinated beef. ;) I'll even buy the cool ones???

Dick and Reta

bill40
06-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Hello everyone, We are going to the eastern shore to look at campgrounds for possible rally sites for next year. We will be staying at Ft. Whaley July 30 and 31. We are also going to look at a couple of other campgrounds while we in the area. We'll keep you posted.

Hi Mike &Ann,
We usually stay at Ft Whaley when we visit our friends on the shore. We try to get sites 17 ( nice shade), 1 or 26. There are some nice CG in the area. Good luck hunting and we would like to join in. Emily still refers to your guys as the big brown puppies. Take Care. Bill

PSF513
06-27-2010, 11:46 AM
You keep this up and Deb & I will be forced to attend. Fort Whaley is a nice place. That is the only one we have camped in there. However, Deb's parents live in Ocean Pines so, not an issue for us.

dbylinski
06-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Mike it looks like you got the makin's of a pre-rally rally! Does that require a meeting? We'll see ya real soon.

mjatwalker
06-27-2010, 01:34 PM
If you folks find a nice one we'll try our darndest to be there. It's worth the price of admission watching the dogs walk Ann!!!!!! :D We also want to get in line for some more of that marinated beef. ;) I'll even buy the cool ones???

Dick and Reta
Glad I can provide some entertainment. I've been working on some new moves. I'll see if I can't have them worked out by Mayberry! And maybe "Jake" (the snake) will even make an appearance if we can coax him from his new home in our shed.

Deb--No meeting required, just come on! All y'all welcome.

mjatwalker
06-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Hi Mike &Ann,
We usually stay at Ft Whaley when we visit our friends on the shore. We try to get sites 17 ( nice shade), 1 or 26. There are some nice CG in the area. Good luck hunting and we would like to join in. Emily still refers to your guys as the big brown puppies. Take Care. Bill
Thanks for the info. We're going to be on site A-15. We look forward to you guys joining us at our rally and maybe by then Emily will want to pet them.

MjDobJohnD
06-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Hello from MjDobJohnD,(Mary Jo And John). We were members of the VA chapter so I assume we have been transferred to the MD chapter. We will also be staying in OC at the same time - July 30 - Aug. 1,2010 at the Castaways RV Resort & Campground www.castawayrvoc.com (http://www.castawayrvoc.com) It's relatively new and never stayed there yet. Give me contact info and I can report my impressions.
Hope to meet soon, John

cjhicks
06-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Hey Guy's , Ft. Whaley is only a 45 drive from our house, we will be in touch and drive up to see you or if you would like to go out on a boat ride you can come by here.

SouthernNights
06-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Can people from SC come?
We just have to be back in NC by August 2nd or 7th-ok not really sure but I know I have to be in NC at somepoint.

boatto5er
06-27-2010, 03:46 PM

Dick and Reta

If Dick's buying we'll be there!!!

Saildogs
06-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Island Resort just south of Berlin, MD, is very nice and many sites back up to the lake. We stayed there last year over Halloween, the last weekend for the campground, and really enjoyed it. The sites were level and the bathhouses were very clean.

f250dieseldad
06-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Larry, Deb and I are going to be there. Come on up!

mjatwalker
06-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Can people from SC come?
We just have to be back in NC by August 2nd or 7th-ok not really sure but I know I have to be in NC at somepoint.

Everyone is welcome, I don't know if sites are open but you sure can call 410 641-9785

Maybe we can have a mini rally. Hey Calvin how many will fit on your boat?

jimtoo
06-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Hey Calvin how many will fit on your boat?

It's a Kayak,,, :D take a guess...:D

cjhicks
06-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Everyone is welcome, I don't know if sites are open but you sure can call 410 641-9785

Maybe we can have a mini rally. Hey Calvin how many will fit on your boat?
Mike, 6 max, boat is 18' center console, we also have 2 Kayaks

dbylinski
06-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Island Resort just south of Berlin, MD, is very nice and many sites back up to the lake. We stayed there last year over Halloween, the last weekend for the campground, and really enjoyed it. The sites were level and the bathhouses were very clean.

We have been at Island Resort for an overnight stay and it is a great location with a great layout. We did look for the necessities for a rally and they do not have a pavillion or club room. It would be an excellant fair weather rally destination but if it rains............

TXBobcat
06-27-2010, 09:55 PM
We are heading up north to Maine and will work our way down through the east to see the leaves change. We have been looking for places to stay and these are helpfull. We want to go around DC, NY, Ellis Island, and a number of Historical places..

I looked up Island Resorts. Their website says no pets. DW would get rid of me before the Fir Kid.
http://www.islandresort.org/ bottom of page on Rates Tab.

Fort Whaley Campground has rates June 12 - Sept 6
Primitive $40
Water & Electric $56
Water, Electric & Sewer $66

Sounds nice but a bit above my price range. Who knows if we are in the area we might find a place near by and say HI...

BC

kakampers
06-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Bob...the website says "No pets allowed with visitors"...they are referring to visitors to YOUR site. If you look in their "Policies" section, pets are allowed with the usual restrictions, leashing and picking up after them....

RollingHome
06-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Bob, What time of the year will you be in this area ? I ask because I may have a better place for then Fort Whaley. Fort Whaley ain't bad but if you could stay in a better place for less, bet you would. Tom

mjatwalker
06-28-2010, 05:34 AM
Bob And Pat, If your want to see Washington DC, Cherry Hill Campground in College Park,MD is the place to stay. They have bus service to the subway right in to town.

Cherry Hill is also on our list for possible rally site.

TXBobcat
06-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Kakamper. I stand corrected. I was looking at the Rate Tab and at the bottom it was discussing Cabins. The no pets was ment for the cabins. Thank you.

mjatwalker. I have Cherry Hill in my places to stay list.. Thanks

Rollinghome.. I don't know when I will be in the area. Right now we are staying in Asheville NC to get mail and I am going to have the front frame on the 5er checked, so I will probably be here for two weeks. We were going to Elkhart to have the front frame checked and found a company here that has a lot of experience with structural parts of RV's. When this is done we will head West to continue up the East coast to see a some of the places in our history.

I will let you know when we get to that area. You can email me if you wish.

Thanks for the info.

BC

dieselsweetheart
06-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Hey there Mike and Ann...glad you're in the planning stages! We'll be there!

jmaguire
06-30-2010, 03:46 PM
We live near Ft. Whaley if we can be of any help. Also there is a private campground on the Tangier Sound that is nice. It is small though and I don't know how many people would be attending.

mjatwalker
06-30-2010, 08:58 PM
We live near Ft. Whaley if we can be of any help. Also there is a private campground on the Tangier Sound that is nice. It is small though and I don't know how many people would be attending.

Thanks John and Kim, We hope to have 20 plus rigs for our first rally,(we hope) Please post the name of the CG and will will check it out.

jmaguire
07-01-2010, 07:52 AM
Roaring Point CG
We will be there in 2 weeks and I can get some info. and send some pics.

mjatwalker
07-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Roaring Point CG
We will be there in 2 weeks and I can get some info. and send some pics.

That would be great.

Thanks

Jim & Harriet
07-05-2010, 08:19 AM
hi folks,
already looks like you will be starting the process for another great rally.
we will certainly plan to be there!:angel:

Recovered from 25-May-2010
07-05-2010, 06:41 PM
hi folks,
already looks like you will be starting the process for another great rally.
we will certainly plan to be there!:angel:

Thanks for your support, We will keep you posted

hillsonwheels
07-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Hey!

Do ya'll have a prospective timeframe for the MD rally? It's a long way from FL. So inquiring minds need to know these things! :rolleyes: After all, planning is everything when it comes to rally attendance. :)

Dick

mjatwalker
07-21-2010, 07:40 AM
We're going to look at a prospective cg the end of July. We are very hopeful it will meet our needs. Once we settle on the cg, we'll nail down the time and get word out to everyone. After all, what would a rally be without you guys???

hillsonwheels
07-21-2010, 07:46 AM
Thanx.......in the mean time, looking forward to seeing you folks at Mt. Airy

Dick

Jim & Harriet
07-21-2010, 09:11 AM
You are right - planning is everything! It would be great to be able to make it to
as many rallys as possible.

Ultralight4morethananight
07-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Ann and Mike,

Have been a member for about a year but now are ready to come out in the open. For starters I am half posting to see what our signature will look like. Would like to change our user name ( ultralight is too long) How can you do that? Good luck on your search... finding a place close would be nice. Fran and Kathy G

jimtoo
07-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Fran,

You need to send an email to Jim Beletti [link (//heartlandowners.org/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=2)] He will change your name for you.

Jim M

mjatwalker
07-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Ann and Mike,

Have been a member for about a year but now are ready to come out in the open. For starters I am half posting to see what our signature will look like. Would like to change our user name ( ultralight is too long) How can you do that? Good luck on your search... finding a place close would be nice. Fran and Kathy G

We look forward to having you attend our rally; however, it won't be until 2011! We would like to encourage you to attend one of the other rallies happening this year (New York in Aug or Va in late Aug). They are really a great experience--lots of fun and comradery. You might arrive a stranger but you will definitely leave with a gaggle of new friends. We will keep you posted on our quest for a campground.

As Bill suggested send an e-mail to Jim Beletti and he will help you to change your user name.

PSF513
07-21-2010, 06:38 PM
I must confess that I have to agree with Gus. If Dick is buying, I am attending. Even if I can't get a site at Ft Whaley, my in-laws live nearby and I can bunk with them or on Dick's couch (or the bed of my pickup in nice weather)

dbylinski
07-23-2010, 05:44 AM
I must confess that I have to agree with Gus. If Dick is buying, I am attending. Even if I can't get a site at Ft Whaley, my in-laws live nearby and I can bunk with them or on Dick's couch (or the bed of my pickup in nice weather)

Hey Pete, Flair has our couch air bladder but you are welcome to use the frame work in the event it's too hot to sleep in the truck bed!:eek: (sorry, I believe Larry has taught me well.)

SouthernNights
07-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Hey Pete, Flair has our couch air bladder but you are welcome to use the frame work in the event it's too hot to sleep in the truck bed!:eek: (sorry, I believe Larry has taught me well.)

Good job Deb, you go to the head of the class. :D

dbylinski
07-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Good job Deb, you go to the head of the class. :D

Heck yeah, I got an A in your class!

porthole
07-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Ann and Mike - on the way home from Nashville one of our stops was the KOA in Hagerstown (Antietam).
If you haven't been there yet first hand - it is probably a little small with only a small covered picnic area. So for a rally with anymore then maybe 4-5 trailers I don't think it will work. But it is near a significant Civil War site and we enjoyed our 2 day stay there.

hillsonwheels
07-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Guess I'd better start saving my pennies to pay for all the "cool ones"! :eek: Tho I don't remember making the offer to anyone but Mike and Ann? And, that was to be exchanged for some of that marinated beef. :)

dbylinski
07-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Went with Mike and Ann today to check out campgrounds for their rally. How could anyone not want to camp in a place with a registration parking area that looks like Castaway's did?

truknutt
07-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Are they members, yet? Did you pull a Cheryl on them ?!!

dbylinski
07-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Actually there were many Heartland products on site. Saw 3 Cyclones, 4 Sundance, 2 Big Country & 1 North Trail. Spoke with all the owners and some didn't know about the owners club. Trust me they do now!

dieselsweetheart
07-30-2010, 07:59 PM
OMG Fresh meat!!!!! Deb I wish I could have been there with you!!!!!

Jim & Harriet
07-30-2010, 08:26 PM
You go girls! Those folks are missing the best part of owning a
Heartland RV ... all the new friends!:angel:

cjhicks
07-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Judy and I just got home from a mini Maryland Rally, we drove over to Fort Wally to visit with Ann,Mike,Deb and John. Had a great Potluck Dinner and some good cold beer. Judy introduced Deb to a bottle of Bahama Mommas , a good time was had by all and we are looking forward to the first official Maryland Rally some time in the near future.:cool:

07-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Went with Mike and Ann today to check out campgrounds for their rally. How could anyone not want to camp in a place with a registration parking area that looks like Castaway's did?

LOVE IT! Great picture Deb.

07-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Judy and I just got home from a mini Maryland Rally, we drove over to Fort Wally to visit with Ann,Mike,Deb and John. Had a great Potluck Dinner and some good cold beer. Judy introduced Deb to a bottle of Bahama Mommas , a good time was had by all and we are looking forward to the first official Maryland Rally some time in the near future.:cool:

We had a nice time here at our CG in WI. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Miss you guys.

Jim

dbylinski
07-31-2010, 06:40 AM
We had a nice time here at our CG in WI. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Miss you guys.

Jim

Glad you are having a good time buddy! You'll have to ask Calvin & Judy if I had a good time. I can't remember!

jmaguire
07-31-2010, 07:56 AM
Pull up a map of Castaways campground and look at sights 1A through 13A, and 19 through 28. If we could get that loop for the rally it would be awesome. It is a well run campground and reasonably priced. Roaring point might be a little small for a rally, and no 50 amp service if anyone needed it. We will be there in sight 13A the second weekend of October.

mjatwalker
07-31-2010, 09:56 AM
We had a great time touring Castaway cg yesterday. There aren't too many bad sites throughout the cg. It would be awesome to have the Club Castaways gated area, especially if we could fill it up. It offers paved sites for the rv and truck, private swimming pool, private bath house complete with color TV and hair driers, private sun deck, fishing pier, private laundromat. Wow, did I mention it would all be private to us Heartlanders... The cg also offers a dog area where the pups and run off leash. It also provides a doggie beach area. Our girls would really love that! We'll keep looking but this place has all the necessities. Thank to all who suggested this cg.

porthole
07-31-2010, 10:46 AM
We had a great time touring Castaway cg yesterday. There aren't too many bad sites throughout the cg. It would be awesome to have the Club Castaways gated area, especially if we could fill it up. It offers paved sites for the rv and truck, private swimming pool, private bath house complete with color TV and hair driers, private sun deck, fishing pier, private laundromat. Wow, did I mention it would all be private to us Heartlanders... The cg also offers a dog area where the pups and run off leash. It also provides a doggie beach area. Our girls would really love that! We'll keep looking but this place has all the necessities. Thank to all who suggested this cg.

There was something odd about the first picture, so I zoomed in a bit

porthole
07-31-2010, 10:48 AM

Ah yup - I knew it!

JWalker
07-31-2010, 10:57 AM
We will be at FrontierTown in 2 weeks, :)Aug 13-21:). We try to go to OceanCity every year. We'd love to tie in the '11 Maryland rally with our trip to FrontierTown next year. Let us know a date.

Thanks
Jamie

dbylinski
07-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Ah yup - I knew it!

Good eye Duane, Good eye!

Jim & Harriet
07-31-2010, 04:28 PM
this place looks wonderful! we will have to check their website.
was that "Jake" in the truck photo?

mjatwalker
07-31-2010, 06:22 PM
was that "Jake" in the truck photo?

I don't think so unless he has grown quite a bit!

mjatwalker
07-31-2010, 06:24 PM
We will be at FrontierTown in 2 weeks, :)Aug 13-21:). We try to go to OceanCity every year. We'd love to tie in the '11 Maryland rally with our trip to FrontierTown next year. Let us know a date.

Thanks
Jamie
As soon as a date is chosen, we'll make the post. The more the merrier.

dbylinski
08-01-2010, 10:51 AM
We're headed north. Thanks to Mike, Ann, Calvin & Judy for making a visit to their home state so much fun. If their rally is half as much fun as this weekend was it's going to be a blast!

SouthernNights
08-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Hi Mike and Ann,

Cant wait for your rally. Do you need an official food tester or chair sitter???

PSF513
08-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Make sure there are 2 chairs because I was planning to claim that position (food tester but I would need to sit). You just need to be sure to give us southern folk enough time to make sure our shots are up to date and our green cards are in order in case we get stopped trying to cross the border

cjhicks
08-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Make sure there are 2 chairs because I was planning to claim that position (food tester but I would need to sit). You just need to be sure to give us southern folk enough time to make sure our shots are up to date and our green cards are in order in case we get stopped trying to cross the borderHey Pete if the Rally is held here on the Lower Slower Eastern Shore, you can leave your Green Cards at home , the problem would be if it were held on the Western side of the Bay. As they say around here "There is no life west of the Bay Bridge":)

mjatwalker
08-01-2010, 07:21 PM

That sneeky snake, I told him to stay in the shed if he wanted to go to New York!

kakampers
08-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Is the rally you're planning gonna be in the spring of 2011? We just might be in the area then, and would love to be part of a Maryland rally since that's where we lived before fulltiming....need a steamed crab fix...LOL!!

mjatwalker
08-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Hi Mike and Ann,

Cant wait for your rally. Do you need an official food tester or chair sitter???

Hey Larry and Pete, We would love for you guys to be food tasters. As for the chairs...We will have to have a back in contest to see who gets the official chair.

mjatwalker
08-01-2010, 08:27 PM
We're headed north. Thanks to Mike, Ann, Calvin & Judy for making a visit to their home state so much fun. If their rally is half as much fun as this weekend was it's going to be a blast!

You guys made this weekend great for us. We are looking forward to our first rally and having just as good a time only on a much larger scale. Heartlanders are great--BFF!

mjatwalker
08-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Is the rally you're planning gonna be in the spring of 2011? We just might be in the area then, and would love to be part of a Maryland rally since that's where we lived before fulltiming....need a steamed crab fix...LOL!!

Ken and Kathy--We haven't finalized the site yet so we don't have a timeline. We would love for you guys to join us and your are right you just can't beat a Maryland crab!

08-01-2010, 10:44 PM

Steamed crab? Sign me up. Someone mention a need for food taster or judging :) If the date works for me, I will be trying hard to make this one :o

kakampers
08-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Steamed crab? Sign me up. Someone mention a need for food taster or judging :) If the date works for me, I will be trying hard to make this one :o

If we can both make this one Jim, you won't be sorry! We'll have to give you a special "tour" of Maryland seafood...there is NONE better anywhere!!! There are two things I miss about Maryland...my son and the seafood...Gosh, now I'm hungry...

iforget
08-02-2010, 12:11 PM

I am ready!! So Ready but..

are you leaving Jake with a sitter?
How dare you have fun without us...

I will pack .... and have a long wait...
But i know it will be worth it!!

Thanks
Mike and Ann!

Louise Burton
08-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Mark and I just love Castaways! We were so lucky one year to get campsite #12B in the gated section, therefore, we make sure we re-book for the following year before we leave. You really don't want to give it up once you have it. We'll be there the second week in September catching the tail end of bike week and the beginning of sunfest. Just love it!

dbylinski
08-08-2010, 03:29 PM
That sneeky snake, I told him to stay in the shed if he wanted to go to New York!

He doesn't listen well does he? You are getting him back first chance I get! Tried to attach his pic in case you were missing him but ....#&#^&)#$&(#*&$)&#$!

mjatwalker
08-08-2010, 08:01 PM
He doesn't listen well does he? You are getting him back first chance I get! Tried to attach his pic in case you were missing him but ....#&#^&)#$&(#*&$)&#$!
What he's up visiting with you!!! Guess snakes just don't make loyal pets. That's it, you can have him.

hillsonwheels
08-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Hey!

Lived in southern MD for 28 years while working for the Navy. Was on travel half the time while working. Tried seafood :( from coast to coast and IT DON'T GET ANY BETTER THAN ON THE EASTERN SHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

We will be there! A bushel of steamed crabs? A case of beer? Who could ask for more? :D

Dick

iforget
08-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Maryland seafood! You are so right Hillsonwheels. We ran a scuba charter boat for years and one of the things i miss most is being able to have Duane dive and select our nights meals. I wouldnt touch seafood until I met him and tasted Fresh Catch of the Day.

Lucia and Mark, I just booked your spot!! Kidding but we have to get a "Lot" (meaning several together) so Terry, Jim and I dont have to take a ride in the Golf Cart just to visit you...

So when you book yours Mark, I will leave it up to you to get and keep our Clan together.

Just a note Mike and Ann regarding Jake the snake.
Let it be known here and now, that if He does visit a Rally that I attend, a rescue group for snakes will be called this time. It is not fair that he gets to attend more Heartland Rallies and Families than we do!

Louise Burton
08-09-2010, 09:30 AM
You're right, Deb - Maryland Seafood!!!!!! Keeping a watchful eye out for the rally details. Mark and I do plan on reserving a spot quite early and would like to have our Clan close by. There is a lot of fun to be had "down the ocean", hon!!!!!!

dieselsweetheart
08-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Don't forget us! I might be "down" but it's only temporary!! Will we have time to sneak in another get-together before the season ends? I know Duane has to know ahead of time...

Jim & Harriet
08-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Ok, so I have been trying to follow the thread and searched for a "date & location" for the
Maryland Rally - did I miss that important stuff? It seems like it will be at the "Castaways"
(place looks great!) Just need to know when ...
Looking forward to seeing many of you at the August Virginia and October North Carolina rallies.

mjatwalker
08-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Ok, so I have been trying to follow the thread and searched for a "date & location" for the
Maryland Rally - did I miss that important stuff? It seems like it will be at the "Castaways"
(place looks great!) Just need to know when ...
Looking forward to seeing many of you at the August Virginia and October North Carolina rallies.

We have not made a final decision yet. We are still checking out sites but Castaways is a very strong possibility. We are thinking a September timeframe. We hope to nail down the location very soon and will let everyone know.

mjatwalker
08-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Hey!

Lived in southern MD for 28 years while working for the Navy. Was on travel half the time while working. Tried seafood :( from coast to coast and IT DON'T GET ANY BETTER THAN ON THE EASTERN SHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

We will be there! A bushel of steamed crabs? A case of beer? Who could ask for more? :D

Dick

Wow, Dick's signed on to bring a bushel of crabs and a case of beer. Any other volunteers? I just love the generosity of Heartlanders!

dieselsweetheart
08-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Hey Mike and Ann...a few of the gang are thinking a trip to G-burg over Columbus day w/e. Interested?

mjatwalker
08-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Sure, that sounds like fun

Jim & Harriet
08-10-2010, 10:01 AM
thanks for the information. September is always a good time to
go almost anywhere!
Take care, safe travels...

dieselsweetheart
08-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Just don't make it the weekend of the "teens" that is the Hershey RV show and people like to go to that. This year it's the 15-19....

Hudson
08-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Hey Guy's , Ft. Whaley is only a 45 drive from our house, we will be in touch and drive up to see you or if you would like to go out on a boat ride you can come by here.

You've got an RV *and* a boat? I thought you could choose only one of boat, RV, plane. Even Gus *switched* from boat to RV...

boatto5er
08-31-2010, 07:12 PM
You've got an RV *and* a boat? I thought you could choose only one of boat, RV, plane. Even Gus *switched* from boat to RV...

Was it my screenname that was the clue?:D

hillsonwheels
08-31-2010, 08:01 PM
Mike, or was it Ann?

Don't believe that I really offered to buy either. :p But, if you can find 'em at a reasonable price.........have your people contact my people! :cool: Maybe something can be worked out?

Sorry for the delay in responding. You can't even imagine what's been happening in our lives!

Dick

mjatwalker
08-31-2010, 08:06 PM
Mike, or was it Ann?

Don't believe that I really offered to buy either. :p But, if you can find 'em at a reasonable price.........have your people contact my people! :cool: Maybe something can be worked out?

Sorry for the delay in responding. You can't even imagine what's been happening in our lives!

Dick

Dick--I sure hope it has been good happenings!

cjhicks
08-31-2010, 11:00 PM

Growing up oh the Chesapeake I have had some kind of boat since I was 10 years old, right now we have four boats, one power boat,one row boat and two kayak's and one very nice RV. Which is going to the repair shop in the morning to get the damage repaired that was caused by a tire blowout on the way home from Nashville.

dbylinski
09-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Calvin & Judy will we get to see all y'all this weekend at Castaways? Really want to sit down and chat with you & momma again.

cjhicks
09-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Calvin & Judy will we get to see all y'all this weekend at Castaways? Really want to sit down and chat with you & momma again.
We are going to try to at least stop by for a visit,. our daughter and a girl friend are going to be staying the weekend with us and going to Ocean City for Sunfest.

mjatwalker
09-25-2010, 10:03 AM
Our mini rally (that's not a rally) has been a blast so far. Was really surprised to see Beth and Greg and Kathy and Lee. All told we are a group of 6--Deb & John, Maryann & John, Debbie and Duane plus Judy and Calvin will be joining us tonight for a pot luck (we are in their back yard so to speak). I don't know when I've laughed so hard. We will be meeting w/cg officials today to finalize plans for our 2011 rally. This is a great location--it offers something for everyone, especially our four legged furry ones. More to come!

Jim & Harriet
09-25-2010, 10:14 AM
sounds like ya'll are having too much fun, wish we were there!
just saw the news about Heartland being bought by Thor Industries -
surprised me. but I guess if nothing in the Heartland company is
changed then it will be OK. just have to wait and see...
enjoy the rest of your mini-rally, say "hi" to everyone from us - and Max :angel:

mjatwalker
09-25-2010, 01:25 PM
J H & M--wish you guys were here too. As for the Thor news, it is a business decision and I don't expect it to have any negative effect on what we are doing now or in the forseeable future. We are a family and will continue in our rally-aholic mode for many years to come.

dieselsweetheart
09-25-2010, 03:40 PM
I had no doubt you guys would have a great time...sounds perfect. The weather is beautiful this w/e. Mike and Ann we'll be anxious to hear your rally plans for next year so we can block off that time. Enjoy and tell everyone hello. Hopefully Greg and Beth are fully relaxed by now and having a great time as well!!

Jim & Harriet
09-26-2010, 09:40 AM
you are right, the rall-aholics will continue no matter what company name is on the top of the letterhead!

dbylinski
09-26-2010, 02:43 PM
We have arrived home safe and very happy that we experienced another GREAT weekend at the hands of our Heartland Friends. Don't think I have laughed that much for a long time. John and Mary Ann are on the NJ Turnpike after dropping their trailer at Crossroads. Thanks to everyone and thank God for the weather we had. Can't believe we were at the pool and enjoying it at the end of September!

PS: Judy, I score that fall a 10. How big are the bruises? Have to admit you looked pretty funny crawling out of Mike's wheel well. All kidding aside, hope you are not hurting too bad today! You took the kidding like a trooper too!

mjatwalker
09-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Made it home without a hitch. The only downside to the Castaways getaway was that it ended all too soon. The weather was wonderful so we got to enjoy the pool and the beach. Kelsey and Chance had a great time playing in the water. They even managed to entice Deb out there with them. We also got to enjoy the air show with all the folks parachuting and gliding down to the airport across the road. Michael and I would like to thank everyone for joining us at the Castaways. You guys are great!

Now we're looking forward to Mt. Airy next weekend and then Pine Grove, PA the following so we can do it all over again.

dieselsweetheart
09-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Are you going to announce your MD rally soon?

Freckles
09-26-2010, 08:19 PM
We also made it home safe and sound (no break issues this time thank goodness). We had a BLAST at the mini-rally in MD. We could not have asked for better weather or better friends to hang with. It was nice after all the stress we went through in PA, our breakdown on the turnpike (Thank Goodness for Jim & Cheryl, they are great friends and came to our rescue more than once) to relax and destress in a beautiful campground by the sea. The only downfall is that it all ended to soon and we had to leave. Can't wait until next years full blown MD Rally, we would not miss it for the world.

See you all in Pine Grove in 2 weeks.

dieselsweetheart
09-27-2010, 05:39 AM
Greg and Beth....happy to hear you had such a fun time...sounds like a nice cg and I'm looking forward to their rally next year as well. See you in 2 weeks buddy!! Oh, and of course we had to go back to Brickers on Saturday night... haha

jmaguire
09-27-2010, 08:06 AM
We'll be at Castaways the weekend of the 9th.

mjatwalker
09-27-2010, 09:06 AM
We plan to make our announcement about our rally real soon. We are waiting on one piece of information first. However, it will definitely be at the Castaways and the dates will be Fri, Sept. 9 thru Sun. Sept. 11th, 2011. We look forward to having you join us.

porthole
09-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Made it home without a hitch.

Any damage to the truck? :D

Home also, traffic not too bad, listened to the race a bit on the radio, then listened out the window as we passed by the track, then watched it on the DVR at home.

You know what is second best to going out for crabs and shrimp with the group was?

Having leftover crabs and shrimp re-steamed on the grill last night.

Great time, weather, food and group.

And then there was the flag line - John and Mary Ann - get a flag already will ya!

Clymer
09-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Just arrived home around 3:00 today...Sunday really was not a bad day at all at OC the rained stopped when everyone left us :D and it was cloudy and windy but we had a great day on the boardwalk and had no problems parking or anything over in OC. Rain came later in the evening and this morning by 10:00am the sun was out......so we are home cleaned out and ready to re-pack for Pine Grove in 2 weeks...see ya'll then.

dieselsweetheart
09-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Flags? Flags? You guys all got flags??? Wait till I tell the dieselengineer you all got flags and we don't! (actually, my sister-in-law's neighbor sells flag poles and told me to stop by anytime so I might just have to do that...see if he'll give me a good deal).

See y'all in Pine Grove!!

mjatwalker
09-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Any damage to the truck? :D

Very punny, Duane

mjatwalker
09-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Just arrived home around 3:00 today...Sunday really was not a bad day at all at OC the rained stopped when everyone left us :D and it was cloudy and windy but we had a great day on the boardwalk and had no problems parking or anything over in OC. Rain came later in the evening and this morning by 10:00am the sun was out......so we are home cleaned out and ready to re-pack for Pine Grove in 2 weeks...see ya'll then.

Glad the weather cleared up for you. You got some great pics! Hopefully, next Sept. will be just as good as Fri and Sat were this year. Wish you were coming to Mt. Airy. I'm expecting that to be a great event too; however, we'll see ya in Pine Grove.

mjatwalker
09-27-2010, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=dieselsweetheart;144415]Flags? Flags? You guys all got flags??? Wait till I tell the dieselengineer you all got flags and we don't!
QUOTE]

Yeah, you better hurry or Duane is going to get on you! I'll bet John and Maryann are having theirs express mailed to them as we type.

porthole
09-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Flags? Flags? You guys all got flags??? Wait till I tell the dieselengineer you all got flags and we don't! (actually, my sister-in-law's neighbor sells flag poles and told me to stop by anytime so I might just have to do that...see if he'll give me a good deal).

Yeah we got flags, and one didn't make the picture, Beth and Greg the flag police :)

cableman
09-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Well we just booked our reservation for the MD rally next year. The only difference is we are going a week early and will see you guys when you get here. They gave us a spot in the heartland area for the whole time were staying.

mjatwalker
09-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Dan and Lexie that is great!

dieselsweetheart
09-28-2010, 05:37 AM
Wow Dan....go to the head of the class!!!! I am looking forward to hearing from the PA rally site owner today on rates...

wyealbert
09-28-2010, 07:43 AM
Can you post the time and place for the rally next year?
Thanks!

Well we just booked our reservation for the MD rally next year. The only difference is we are going a week early and will see you guys when you get here. They gave us a spot in the heartland area for the whole time were staying.

Jim & Harriet
09-28-2010, 08:23 AM
thanks for posting the dates for your 2011 rally. it really helps with the
calendar planning.
wish we were going to see you at Mt. Airy but our daughter has scheduled
some pre-wedding "stuff" for that weekend (she is getting married on
October 9th) and so we had to cancel our spot. see you all next Spring.
safe travels...

cjhicks
09-28-2010, 09:16 AM
We have arrived home safe and very happy that we experienced another GREAT weekend at the hands of our Heartland Friends. Don't think I have laughed that much for a long time. John and Mary Ann are on the NJ Turnpike after dropping their trailer at Crossroads. Thanks to everyone and thank God for the weather we had. Can't believe we were at the pool and enjoying it at the end of September!

PS: Judy, I score that fall a 10. How big are the bruises? Have to admit you looked pretty funny crawling out of Mike's wheel well. All kidding aside, hope you are not hurting too bad today! You took the kidding like a trooper too!
Well, I figured we needed a little side show since I didn't have Mama along................I"m feeling good except I have a little PIA (pulled muscle in butt). Judy

mjatwalker
09-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Okay it's official now--we've finally gotten all the information necessary and have posted our rally. Check out the link on the Portal page. Be sure to tell whomever you talk with at Castaways that you are booking for the MD Heartland rally in order to get the rally rate. We are excited. As said earlier, Castaways is a truly great cg and the staff has been a pleasure to work with. We are going to have a great time.

iforget
09-29-2010, 06:25 AM
Great but Duane is on the Harley for several days on his annual trip to Maggie Valley NC. Communication isnt the best when he gets on his ..... I mean his bike. I will let him know that I expect our reservations to be made before he returns home..or else.

What a great time we had doing a test run with Mike and Ann. Couldnt have asked for better weather and my dogs give it a 4 paws up. What a nice dog friendly cg! BUT next door they have an ice cream shop at theirs so we either sneak in or ....sneak in... Campers all look the same..

Jim & Harriet
09-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Yipee!!!
See you there!

jbeletti
09-29-2010, 06:39 PM
The official 2011 Maryland Chapter Rally notice has now been moved into this thread. See post #1 for details (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/16984-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-MD-Berlin-9-9-2011-to-9-11-2011?p=130747&viewfull=1#post130747). Mike and Ann will continue to post significant rally updates in post #1 as planning moves ahead.

Jim

Freckles
09-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Mike & Ann,

We loved Castaway's Cg !! The location is great !! This CG is top notch !!! Beth has always wanted to go to Assateauge island and see the pony's !! We got to see some and also a baby . Anyways, we made reservation for your rally !! We are coming in on Thursday the 8th and leaving Tuesday the 13th !! site # 179 . We are leaving Tuesday for Hershey HighMeadows CG for The huge Rv show to support the Heartland Owners table !! So make plans for the MD Rally and follow us to PA !! Looking forward to a great time!!

dbylinski
10-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Hey Kids,

Just made our reservation. We will be on site #180 and arriving Friday 9/9 and departing on Sunday 9/11. We have been known to extend our stay but we'll have to wait and see. That is the first week of school and John is not be allowed time off by his contract. We'll see when it get closer if we can work something out!

mjatwalker
10-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Hey Kids,

Just made our reservation. We will be on site #180 and arriving Friday 9/9 and departing on Sunday 9/11. We have been known to extend our stay but we'll have to wait and see. That is the first week of school and John is not be allowed time off by his contract. We'll see when it get closer if we can work something out!

That's great. Since John works for Monty Hall, I'm thinking his chances are good at working a deal!

hillsonwheels
10-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Hi Ya'll!

Signed up for your get together today. Supposedly on site # 162. Will arrive on the 7th and depart on the 12th. Bring on the seafood!!!!!!!! :cool:

Dick

Jim & Harriet
10-21-2010, 06:51 PM
we will be making our reservation in the next day or two. do we ask for the specific
site we want or is the CG assigning places or will you do that and post those here
on the forum?

mjatwalker
10-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Hi Ya'll!

Signed up for your get together today. Supposedly on site # 162. Will arrive on the 7th and depart on the 12th. Bring on the seafood!!!!!!!! :cool:

Dick

Glad you guys are coming. Michael said don't forget the crabs!

mjatwalker
10-21-2010, 09:58 PM
we will be making our reservation in the next day or two. do we ask for the specific
site we want or is the CG assigning places or will you do that and post those here
on the forum?

Harriet, Jim, & Max--The cg has been assigning sites as folks call. Once you've made your reservation, pls post your dates and site # so I can update the list. We look forward to having you guys join us. Max is going to love the dog area. They have a beach too if he likes swimming.

mjatwalker
10-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Post 1 has been updated to include attendee list. If I've missed anyone, please let me know.

porthole
10-22-2010, 12:19 AM
Post 1 has been updated to include attendee list. If I've missed anyone, please let me know.

You missed us?

mjatwalker
10-22-2010, 02:30 PM
You missed us?

I thought maybe I had, so sorry. Are you going to be on the same site you were on in Sept? 182?

cableman
10-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Mike, We checked back with them and they gave us site # 195.

Jim & Harriet
10-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Just made our reservation - site #192. Planning to arrive on Wednesday
and leave on Sunday. Max is looking forward to playing in the ocean!
We will bring his life jacket ... ;-)

dbylinski
10-25-2010, 12:57 PM

If Max likes to swim you will have a blast at the beach. The water may be warm enough for you too. I went swimming with Kelsey & Chance when we were there in September. It's a pretty nice little area for the pups to work it out in the bay.

mjatwalker
10-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Glad you can make it. Max is going to love the beach. Maybe this will be the ice breaker for Max with Kelsey and Chance. They just loved swimming when we were there in Sept.

Jim & Harriet
10-25-2010, 03:59 PM
Max really likes to swim, but I am not sure how he will do with
waves! He might need help from a friendly retriever!
We are really looking forward to this rally - everyone who has
been to Castaways likes it very much. Of course we will need
some "best-road-to-travel" suggestions.

Freckles
10-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Harriet,

Not much waves at the CG for Max's . We took our 2 dogs to Assateague island for some waves . The best thing was our outside shower , The boys both got baths to get all the sand off . Here is the link to Assateague http://www.nps.gov/asis/

Jim & Harriet
10-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Max is a good little swimmer but he has never been in water with waves
so small waves will be fine. Good idea about the outside shower. Last
time I gave Max a bath I got as wet as he did!

mjatwalker
11-01-2010, 01:50 PM
The Northeast Chapter Leaders have decided they would like to make difference, no matter how small, to the local community as a part of their rally agendas. Maryland's 2011 rally at the Castaways Campground has chosen the Worcester County Humane Society which is located right down the road from the campground. The shelter is in need of the following items:

Bedding (old towels, sheets, blankets, or quilts)
Toys (both dog and cat)
Purina dry dog, cat, puppy, and kitten food
Pedigree Beef canned dog food
Friskee's canned cat food
Bleach and liquid dish detergent for cleaning

They also take aluminum cans so we will be setting out several receptacles to collect your empty beverage cans.

We believe by adopting a charitable organization as a part of our rallies, we can further show what terrific people Heartlanders are.

dieselsweetheart
11-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Aluminum cans is something we can save all year and bring down with us. I have a can crusher so they won't take up much space!

mjatwalker
11-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Aluminum cans is something we can save all year and bring down with us. I have a can crusher so they won't take up much space!

That would be great! When we stopped by there in Sept. it seemed to be a nicely run shelter. I'm happy this is our cause.

dbylinski
11-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Do we get to play with the puppies? Huh, mommy, can we, pretty, pretty, please let us play with the puppies!!

You bet we'll be supporting the kitties and pups! That's a great cause! Good Job Maryland!

mjatwalker
11-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Do we get to play with the puppies? Huh, mommy, can we, pretty, pretty, please let us play with the puppies!!

You bet we'll be supporting the kitties and pups! That's a great cause! Good Job Maryland!
I know, the day we stopped by and I saw the cats outside playing....I made Michael go talk to the people because I was afraid of what might happen if I got out of the truck! Especially since they had a gray one. Wonder how Kelsey and Chance would like having a feline friend?

Louise Burton
12-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Hey Ann,
Thanks for calling and keeping me up with the latest news. Won't be able to sign up for any rallies until January. Tried today, but the campgrounds are all on holiday leave. Definitely, will be one of our first "musts" of the New Year!
Hope you and Mike have a great Christmas!

Flying Dutchman
12-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Hi Ann and Mike, I also tried to make reservations but message said to call back after 3 January. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

mjatwalker
12-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Hi Ann and Mike, I also tried to make reservations but message said to call back after 3 January. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Thanks for calling. We hope you guys have a great Christmas and New Year as well. Have a safe and fun trip to Tampa.

mjatwalker
12-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Hey Ann,
Thanks for calling and keeping me up with the latest news. Won't be able to sign up for any rallies until January. Tried today, but the campgrounds are all on holiday leave. Definitely, will be one of our first "musts" of the New Year!
Hope you and Mike have a great Christmas!
Have to watch my Wheel Master's back, now! Hope you and Mark have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Louise Burton
01-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Signed up!!!! We are at site #172 though the 16th, then at site#12B in the club section from the 16th through the 23rd. Two weeks of bliss!!!!! If you can't find us, we'll be at the tiki area!!!!!!

Freckles
01-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Lucia & Mark ,

Site#12B in the club section !! What a great site that is over looking the bay !!! That two weeks of bliss is going to be rough !!
Looking forward in seeing you both . Come on Spring !!

mjatwalker
01-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Signed up!!!! We are at site #172 though the 16th, then at site#12B in the club section from the 16th through the 23rd. Two weeks of bliss!!!!! If you can't find us, we'll be at the tiki area!!!!!!
Lucia & Mark glad you're going to be able to make it. And WOW two weeks at the Castaways how wonderful. There are no bad spots at this cg; but the club area is super! Can't wait to start camping again--come on Spring!

BURNHAMROG
01-19-2011, 04:22 PM
The burnham's made thier reservation today.

Roger & Janet Burnham
HOC 1399

mjatwalker
01-19-2011, 05:40 PM
The burnham's made thier reservation today.

Roger & Janet Burnham
HOC 1399

Roger & Janet, Thanks for joining us. We look forward to seeing you and can't wait for rally season to start!!

ringhanger
01-19-2011, 06:17 PM
Ann & Mike,
Diane & I made or reservations today. We are in site 174. Bonnie & Clyde should enjoy their own beach. See you all in May at the NJ rally.
Bob

mjatwalker
01-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Diane & Bob glad you are going to be able to join us. Kelsey and Chance had a great time at the beach last year so I'm sure Bonnie and Clyde will too. See ya in Jersey.

Flying Dutchman
01-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Just made our reservations. We will arrive Thursday 9/8 and leave Monday 9/12. We will be on site 166.
Is the campground rally price shown on first page still valid? Looks like I was charged $68/night.
Looking forward to a great Maryland rally, the location is perfect. It will be fun with our Heartland family, including our furry friends. Will have to start loading up on the doggy biscuits. It's a good thing we have a larger basement now to carry the provisions. LOL.

mjatwalker
01-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Just made our reservations. We will arrive Thursday 9/8 and leave Monday 9/12. We will be on site 166.
Is the campground rally price shown on first page still valid? Looks like I was charged $68/night.
Looking forward to a great Maryland rally, the location is perfect. It will be fun with our Heartland family, including our furry friends. Will have to start loading up on the doggy biscuits. It's a good thing we have a larger basement now to carry the provisions. LOL.

Dorothy and Eric sorry for the confusion on the rate. The price is $50.00 per night. The cg is updating their computer and this is causing confusion--ugh. Just another reason for Winter to be over, maintenance fini, and down to the serious business of rallying! Brenda said everything would be fine when you checked in (which I'm sure it will be as Brenda is very good).

When I told Kelsey and Chance you were coming they were thrilled that their favorite Aunt and Uncle will be there to spoil them even more.

mjatwalker
02-15-2011, 06:45 PM
A short 7 months separate us from the first Maryland rally--have you made your reservation yet? Rally season is about to start and we don't want you to fill up your "dance card" and miss what is going to be a fun-filled, exciting weekend complete with all the opportunity you need to be with friends, meet some new friends, and, of course, overeat to your heart's content! Excited, yes I am and to think it 's only 7 months away!

Also, for you rally-a-holics I am thrilled to let you know (in case you missed his post) that our president rally-a-holic and his lovely wife Dorothy will be in attendance!:)

dbylinski
02-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Also, for you rally-a-holics I am thrilled to let you know (in case you missed his post) that our president rally-a-holic and his lovely wife Dorothy will be in attendance!:)

This is great Ann because a rally without Eric & Dorothy is like Hershey's without chocolate!

boatto5er
02-16-2011, 11:58 AM
This is great Ann because a rally without Eric & Dorothy is like Hershey's without chocolate!

Is there such a thing (rally without Eric & Dorothy or Hershey's without chocolate)????

dbylinski
02-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Is there such a thing (rally without Eric & Dorothy or Hershey's without chocolate)????

We could very well survive Hershey's without chocolate... but a rally without Eric & Dorothy... I hate to think about it 'cause it's just not right!

dieselsweetheart
02-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Let's hope Hershey is never without chocolate...

Flying Dutchman
02-17-2011, 06:16 PM
And I hope that we can make all of the Heartland rally's:). What really draws us are the great people, we have such a wonderful and growing Heartland family. Still trying to squeeze in the NJ, multi-State, and TN rally's. Should be able to finalize them tomorrow.
See you there:cool:.

mjatwalker
02-17-2011, 10:45 PM
And I hope that we can make all of the Heartland rally's:). What really draws us are the great people, we have such a wonderful and growing Heartland family. Still trying to squeeze in the NJ, multi-State, and TN rally's. Should be able to finalize them tomorrow.
See you there:cool:.

I think that is what draws us all. We feel very blessed and fortunate that we have met so many wonderful people through our Heartland experiences. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

cjhicks
02-18-2011, 10:42 PM
Hey Guys , We made our reservations today, arriving 9/9 leaving 9/11. Site #161. See you in Williamsburg.

mjatwalker
02-19-2011, 07:32 AM
Thats great, We are glad you guys can make it :)

gschaaf
02-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Hi Ann and Mike we just made our res. today for the rally just wanted to drop ya line to let you know. Waiting on my e-mail for the site # See ya soon.

Glenn and Fran

dieselsweetheart
02-21-2011, 08:17 PM
The PA delegates are in! Arriving Friday....site 182. Wahoo!!

mjatwalker
02-22-2011, 09:30 AM
Fran and Glenn sure glad you guys can make it. Let us know when you get a site #

Cheryl and Jim, Wahoo is right. This is shaping up to be a great time!

mjatwalker
03-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Just want to remind everyone about saving your old sheets, blankets, comforters, towels, etc. for the Worcester Humane Society. (Also, refer to Post 140 for other items the Humane Society needs.)

We are getting really excited about this rally--just a little over 5 months to go so sign up today! This is a primo campground and OC has lots to offer.

dieselsweetheart
03-23-2011, 04:17 PM
I weeded out 2 large bags of old towels...gave some to Jim but he's not going to need both...I'll put a bag away for a donation! I've got the aluminum cans covered too... that's something we can collect at all the local rallies...so we should be able to get a lot...

dbylinski
03-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Cheryl,

We will set up an aluminum recycling can at the Jersey Rally for ya!

dieselsweetheart
03-23-2011, 06:14 PM
That's great! Then we'll have PA and then DE then ..... the list goes on!

mjatwalker
03-24-2011, 11:24 AM
I weeded out 2 large bags of old towels...gave some to Jim but he's not going to need both...I'll put a bag away for a donation! I've got the aluminum cans covered too... that's something we can collect at all the local rallies...so we should be able to get a lot...

Cheryl,

We will set up an aluminum recycling can at the Jersey Rally for ya!

That's great! Then we'll have PA and then DE then ..... the list goes on!

Thanks guys. This is great!

dbylinski
03-24-2011, 11:42 AM
We're going to need a trailer just for the cans but we've got our priorities straight!

dieselsweetheart
03-24-2011, 06:42 PM
I've got a can crusher so we have room for lots!!!

hillsonwheels
03-24-2011, 06:53 PM
As do most of us guys! I wear a size 13 shoe! :cool:

Dick

mjatwalker
03-24-2011, 10:44 PM
We're going to need a trailer just for the cans but we've got our priorities straight!

You've got that right but...

I've got a can crusher so we have room for lots!!!

Ah, Cheryl's always athinkin.

As do most of us guys! I wear a size 13 shoe! :cool:

Dick
Just look at all this Heartland spirit!

mjatwalker
04-26-2011, 10:40 AM
As a reminder, we have adopted the local animal shelter in Berlin as the charity we would like to support at our rally. Question was asked if they accepted old T-Shirts for bedding and the answer is no. They do accept old kitchen/bathroom rugs/mats though. Please refer to post 140 for a list of other items they accept. Thanks.

dalspot
04-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Update your list Ann - we just booked site # 169. Arriving Friday 9/9 - departing Monday 9/12

Don't have the 5'er yet, but the Owner's Club plaque arrived yesterday ;)

Karen

dieselsweetheart
04-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Ok no on the T-shirts so they are hitting the trash... don't tell the dieselengineer though...he'll be saying they are all good to wear!!

mjatwalker
04-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Update your list Ann - we just booked site # 169. Arriving Friday 9/9 - departing Monday 9/12

Don't have the 5'er yet, but the Owner's Club plaque arrived yesterday ;)

Karen
Whoo Hoo List updated. Glad you will be joining us. I just love a woman who has her priorities straight--When your rig comes in you're gonna have all kinds of rallies to attend!!!

dalspot
04-26-2011, 06:23 PM
LOL, there were all kinds of goodies in the box... keychains, phone pad, some visiting cards, and a pamphlet of some sort, haven't had time to read it but I think it said something about being a 12-step program... Had the letters "RHA" on it.... ;)

Karen

Whoo Hoo List updated. Glad you will be joining us. I just love a woman who has her priorities straight--When your rig comes in you're gonna have all kinds of rallies to attend!!!

boatto5er
04-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Hi Mike and Ann! We are signed up. Site #170, arriving Sept 8, departing Sept 12 (no Fri or Sun CBB for us that close to Labor Day!).

dieselsweetheart
04-26-2011, 07:40 PM
CBB Gus? Geez, first the big words and now the codes.... you have a language all your own dontcha?

boatto5er
04-26-2011, 07:55 PM
CBB Gus? Geez, first the big words and now the codes.... you have a language all your own dontcha?

I'm a master of the not so obvious, except to those of us living close to the Bay (CBB=Chesapeake Bay Bridge [at Annapolis]).

mjatwalker
04-27-2011, 07:18 AM
Hi Mike and Ann! We are signed up. Site #170, arriving Sept 8, departing Sept 12 (no Fri or Sun CBB for us that close to Labor Day!).

Don't blame you there. The CBB can be a nightmare almost any Friday or Sunday during the Summer. You won't regret your extra time at the Castaways though! Glad you'll be able to join us. Had me worried there for awhile.

dbylinski
04-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Don't blame you there. The CBB can be a nightmare almost any Friday or Sunday during the Summer. You won't regret your extra time at the Castaways though! Glad you'll be able to join us. Had me worried there for awhile.

Being on this side of the CBB really does have it's advantages! It just took this long for me to figure out that there were advantages!

Ann, relax with the not being able to understand Gus lately thing! I haven't been able to get a grasp of it lately either so it's not you GF! Just got finished with my Southern Translations Lessons and now I have to read up on Webster's!

mjatwalker
06-23-2011, 08:45 AM
Hello everyone, We will have tee-shirts for our rally they will be $10.00 each. Send us a PM with your sizes and you can pay at the rally. The shirts will feature the colors of our state flag and be 100% cotton.

We would also like to have steamed crabs as part of Saturday's potluck dinner. This being our first rally I don't think we can afford the full cost so a small per person fee will be necessary, $15.00 to $20.00 per person. Please let us know your interest so we can calculate the number of crabs needed. There is already interest by some to get live crabs and steam them ourselves. Ann and I like this idea as it will also keep the cost down.

dieselsweetheart
06-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Mike, may I make a suggestion on the shirts. The 100% cotton may shrink. In the past we have ordered the 50/50 heavyweight blend. (Just a suggestion)..

I'm not a crab person so I will pass.

Thanks!

boatto5er
06-23-2011, 12:57 PM
We're not crab folks either (crabby sometimes, but not crab eaters). Would be interested in shirts though, 1 XXL and 1 XL.

Freckles
06-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Sent you info about T-Shirts , Looking forward to having a shirt from the 1st MD rally. Plus the group photo should be a sharp one !!

boatto5er
06-23-2011, 02:11 PM
A shirt with that cool MD yellow/black flag thing and a crab on the front would be priceless!

nomare
06-23-2011, 02:56 PM
John & I would definitely go for the crabs. I'm not sure about live ones as I generally don't like to think that what I'm eating was alive a few minutes before it arrived on my plate, but if that's the way you want to go, I just stay away until dinner time. John will gladly help prepare dinner and I will galdly eat them. LOL. I'll send you a pm about the shirts..

mjatwalker
06-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Mike, may I make a suggestion on the shirts. The 100% cotton may shrink. In the past we have ordered the 50/50 heavyweight blend. (Just a suggestion)..

I'm not a crab person so I will pass.

Thanks!
Thanks for the suggestion on the shirts; however, we prefer 100% cotton as we find them to be much cooler. As for shrinkage, we've not found that to be a problem. The 50/50 shirts we've gotten seem to fit tighter than the 100% cotton ones and since we don't put our tees in the dryer shrinkage is not an issue. For those that do dry their shirts I would think the end result would be the same as the 50/50.

dbylinski
06-23-2011, 03:03 PM
We're not crab folks either (crabby sometimes, but not crab eaters).

You're gonna fit right in then!
http://www.crabbystuff.com/images/TRMD6.jpg

dieselsweetheart
06-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Mike we'll each take an XL. Thanks!

hillsonwheels
06-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Hate to repeat myself. But, I will when it comes to steamed crabs. :D Even Reta (Flash to some of you) :eek: who is a beginner will be at the table trying to pick her share. And, our tee shirt sizes are XL and XL. As for the crabs, if yon't to cook 'em I can hep you.

Can't remember if we thanked you for the invite to the Walker/Bylinski combined dinner effort in Goshen or not? Consider yourselves thanked.

Dick

Jim & Harriet
06-23-2011, 08:58 PM
no T-shirts for us. and, about those crab-critters... Jim is a "yes," me - a "maybe I'll
try some of his."
really looking forward to seeing ya'll!

dbylinski
06-23-2011, 09:04 PM
John & I would definitely go for the crabs. I'm not sure about live ones as I generally don't like to think that what I'm eating was alive a few minutes before it arrived on my plate, but if that's the way you want to go, I just stay away until dinner time. John will gladly help prepare dinner and I will galdly eat them. LOL. I'll send you a pm about the shirts..

Unless John is using the new electric deep fryer, he better start cooking now if you want dinner to be ready in time! Sorry, couldn't resist. See ya tomorrow!

Flying Dutchman
06-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Glad to see you stick to 100% cotton on the T shirts, we will absolutely NOT purchase the 50/50 blend. DW is a real stickler for all cotton material, so put us down for XL for me and an XL for DW. As for the crabs, you are talking to 2 original Baltimore Marylanders so bring them on! Buy them live by the bushel and I will help steam them (with beer and Old Bay) to perfection. Also costs will be minimized buying "live" vs pre-cooked. It's going to be a GREAT rally.

dieselsweetheart
06-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Whoops, Sorry Dorothy...guess that means you won't be buying shirts for the DE rally....I guess I could change to the all cotton...I had looked at the previous rally shirts and many of them are 50/50...guess I just don't know the difference.

mjatwalker
06-24-2011, 07:05 AM
Welcome Jim and Geri Reyes to the rally. We met in Goshen and they will join us from Staten Island, NY:cool:

dieselsweetheart
06-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Ok Dorothy, you and Eric can order the DE shirts now. I just took inventory on the other rally shirts I have (I posted this in the DE thread)...my bad. I don't know why I thought they were 50/50... but all except one rally shirt from last year... are all 100% cotton.

So everyone, if you were holding back wanting only 100% cotton, the DE** will be ordered as 100% cotton.... order now because I have to give Brad Martin a # ASAP.

**NOTE: THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO MIKE AND DOROTHY'S COMMENTS ABOUT ALL-COTTON AND DOES NOT REFLECT THE ORDER OF MD SHIRTS.

dieselsweetheart
06-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Jim and Geri it was nice to meet you in Goshen! Welcome to the club of non-stop rallyholics!! You'll have a great time at this rally!

boatto5er
06-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Ok Dorothy, you and Eric can order the DE shirts now. I just took inventory on the other rally shirts I have (I posted this in the DE thread)...my bad. I don't know why I thought they were 50/50... but all except one rally shirt from last year... are all 100% cotton.

So everyone, if you were holding back wanting only 100% cotton, the DE** will be ordered as 100% cotton.... order now because I have to give Brad Martin a # ASAP.

**NOTE: THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO MIKE AND DOROTHY'S COMMENTS ABOUT ALL-COTTON AND DOES NOT REFLECT THE ORDER OF MD SHIRTS.

Who's on first?

dieselsweetheart
06-24-2011, 12:57 PM
I know, confusing huh? That's ok, you all can spank me... ;-)

porthole
06-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Who's on first?
"I don't know"

Mike - you picked a bad weekend for us, 10th anniversary stuff.
Otherwise we would be there, so we'll take 1 large and 1 medium.

Doesn't the non-rally last September count a bit anyway?

cableman
06-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Ok, We will take 1 XXL and one L. I will count on a little shrinkage. Also were in for the crabs and are looking forward to this rally.

cjhicks
06-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Mike, 1 XL Rally Shirt and 2 for crabs, will bring our crab cooker.

bettydau
06-25-2011, 07:12 AM
Hi, My husband & I, Butch & Betty Daugherty (Heartland members #1493), will be attending the Castaways Rally in Sept. Our home is just 15mins from there, so we drove to Castaways & made our own ressie. We will be staying in Lot 209. Please put us on your list for info. Thanks ! Betty Daugherty bettydau@aol.com

mjatwalker
06-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Wecome to the rally We look foward to meeting you both! There are tee-shirts available if you want them, $10.00 each let us know your sizes. We also want to have crabs as part of Saturdays dinner I think we can keep the cost to $10.00-$15.00 a head let us know about that also. Once again thanks for joining your MD State Rally.

dalspot
06-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Here is the map with the occupied sites identified: I'll update as more folks join in.

http://66.147.244.179/%7Emodelra2/castaways.jpg

mjatwalker
06-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Here is the map with the occupied sites identified: I'll update as more folks join in.

http://66.147.244.179/~modelra2/castaways.jpg

Wow Karen this looks great. I just love computer gurus but what no names?? lol

dalspot
06-28-2011, 09:23 AM
I'll see if I can fit them in... :) What site are the Maguires on??

Wow Karen this looks great. I just love computer gurus but what no names?? lol

JWalker
06-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Just curious, anyone staying later than Sunday for the rally? DW and I might be able to squeeze a long weekend in. We would not be able to arrive until Saturday morning, but would be able to stay until Tuesday. Wanted to see if there was anyone else doing the same.

Can we still sign up? We would love to see everyone again.

dalspot
06-28-2011, 06:21 PM
I think a few of us are staying past Sunday, we won't leave till Monday. It'll be home for 3 nights for us, then on to Hershey for 3 nights.

Just curious, anyone staying later than Sunday for the rally?

Freckles
06-28-2011, 06:30 PM
Jamie , We will be leaving on Tuesday Morning along with Don & Betty !! Maybe we could have ourself a convoy again back to PA ?

f250dieseldad
06-28-2011, 06:49 PM
We are also staying until Monday. We will be leaving for Hershey on Monday.

dieselsweetheart
06-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Woohoo!!! Hershey is gonna be waiting your arrival!! I'm looking forward to these next few months!! It's what we talked about all winter!!!

mjatwalker
06-29-2011, 06:35 AM
We will also stay till Monday then on to Hershey.

JWalker
06-30-2011, 08:31 PM
OK....you talked us into it. We're in. Arriving Saturday morning and leaving Tuesday. Site #175. Can't wait. Ginger and I are a little nervous. It will be our first trip away without Madison. I'm sure she'll be fine, but Ginger and I might need consoling.

See Ya There.

mjatwalker
07-01-2011, 05:31 AM
OK....you talked us into it. We're in. Arriving Saturday morning and leaving Tuesday. Site #175. Can't wait. Ginger and I are a little nervous. It will be our first trip away without Madison. I'm sure she'll be fine, but Ginger and I might need consoling.

See Ya There.
Look forward to seeing you and there'll be plenty of couselors at your disposal! lol

Jim & Harriet
07-01-2011, 09:16 AM
hi folks, saw your discussion about staying longer, but is anyone coming into the CG sooner?
we are arriving on Wednesday. Hope to see some other early birds there too.

dieselsweetheart
07-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Jamie....you're leaving Maddy behind???? Does she know this??? Uh oh...

mjatwalker
07-05-2011, 04:01 PM
hi folks, saw your discussion about staying longer, but is anyone coming into the CG sooner?
we are arriving on Wednesday. Hope to see some other early birds there too.

We will come in on Wed. maybe Thurs. for sure.

mrmagoo
07-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Hey Mike and Ann... and the rest... We are planning to attend your rally! We are kinda outcasts I guess... we are on site 151... We will be arriving on Friday the 9th and plan on pulling out Tuesday the 13th...

Betty and I will each take a shirt... two XL's (she is counting on it shrinking, I am hoping it does not ;)).

Looking forward to a good time...

mjatwalker
07-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Don and Betty, We are glad you can join us. I have you down for shirts. Are you in on the crabs?

JWalker
07-05-2011, 05:08 PM
2 Shirts please. 1 Large and 1 Medium.

When and who do we pay?

Thanks

gschaaf
07-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Hi Mike and Ann Fran and I are interested in 2 shirts Fran wears medium and I'm XL. Mike we're in on the crabs also just let me know where to send the money.See ya in delaware.

Thanks Glenn

mjatwalker
07-05-2011, 08:41 PM
2 Shirts please. 1 Large and 1 Medium.

When and who do we pay?

Thanks

Hi Mike and Ann Fran and I are interested in 2 shirts Fran wears medium and I'm XL. Mike we're in on the crabs also just let me know where to send the money.See ya in delaware.

Thanks Glenn

Thanks for your order you can pay at the rally.

thomison
07-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Would like to put our names in for the rally. We are new Hartland owners. Thanks Tom & Susan

mjatwalker
07-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Tom and Susan, Hope you can make it. Sorry you will miss DE hope the knee surgery go's well. If you sign up please make a post with your site number.

f250dieseldad
07-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Mike, I don't know if Deb told you but I am in for the crabs.

dbylinski
07-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Nice avatar Mike!

Freckles
07-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Hello Mike & Ann , Please add 2 more to the crab list !! count us in !!

mjatwalker
07-25-2011, 06:11 AM
There is still time to sign up for this rally and get a site with the rally group but you need to hurry as we will have to turn back the unassigned sites soon.

One of the events for this rally is going to be a crab cook off. Crab eating participants will get their chance to vote for their favorite recipe. Will it be the NJ crabs prepared by Glen Schaaf and John Bylinski, the VA crabs prepared by Eric van Opstal, or the MD crabs prepared by Calvin Hicks and myself? Thanks to everyone who has resonded about eating crabs. Anyone else interested in getting in on the feast and judging, please let us know.

Jim & Harriet
07-25-2011, 09:59 AM
a crab cooking "Throw Down!" sounds like a great idea. even though I am not a crab-fan
I know Jim will enjoy the taste-testing!
really looking forward to this rally and, hopefully, cool days at the shore.

porthole
07-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Oh yeah - go and have a crab fest when we can't attend............... :-P

dbylinski
07-26-2011, 03:28 AM
What? A rally without Duane & Deb? What's up wit dat?

mjatwalker
07-26-2011, 02:12 PM
What? A rally without Duane & Deb? What's up wit dat?
I know!! Imagine letting other commitments get in the way of our rally!!! We are going to miss you guys.

mjatwalker
07-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Want to welcome Marsha & John Turner, Currituck0209 on the forum, who will be joining us along with Ms Sandy and their new addition Daisy.

PSF513
07-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Now you have really done it! You will let anyone in. Proof is that Deb & I will be in attendance in site 177 (stop by and say hi on your way to or from the bathhouse.

PSF513
07-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Please don't tell Gus we are coming. He will think I don't love him and try to exile me to South Carolina. Phil already told me NO as there is 1 like me there already

mjatwalker
07-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Pete and Deb, Welcome to the rally maybe Larry and Keith will show up to help with scoring.

boatto5er
07-26-2011, 08:33 PM
please don't tell gus we are coming. He will think i don't love him and try to exile me to south carolina. Phil already told me no as there is 1 like me there already

busted!!!!

porthole
07-27-2011, 11:17 AM
10th anniversary of 9-11 - other things going on that weekend

hillsonwheels
07-28-2011, 06:48 AM
Sure glad Johnnie and Marsha are coming. Will be good to see ya'll again.

Dick

mjatwalker
07-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Sure glad Johnnie and Marsha are coming. Will be good to see ya'll again.

Dick
We are too. Also, can't wait to see the new addition to the family!

BURNHAMROG
07-31-2011, 10:25 AM
2 tee-shirts one large and x-large. One person for the crab dinner. Thank you.