I gotta live anywhere but here!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Good luck finding somewhere else that has trees around it that is not susceptible to wild fires. We just had one in Michigan last month, about an hour from here that burnt many acres. Smoke was visible for miles. Other than lightning strikes, most wild fires are the result of humans, either malicious intent, kids with matches, or just plain stupidity.

goodtruck

Hope that it will not get any closer to the homes. It has been a bad year for people and there homes. Looking at pics like this makes me glad we sold the sticks and bricks. WE hope and pray that there are no losses to the fire.

jimtoo

Hey., we got room in Texas,,, come on down... we welcome nice people.,,,,, Even Yankees that talk funny. Wont take long to loose that accent down here. Feed you a few tamales,, taco's, ,, maybe a little gumbo on side.. chicken fried steak,,, chili ... we will have you talking the right way in no time...possum stew and menudo will fix you right up. :D

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
WOW what a bummer. Hope it doesn't come near ya'll. Oh by the way - weren't ya'll out camping this weekend?

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hi Byrd. We were out camping and came home to this mess. We had a great weekend with Mark & Linda Comer from Ohio and John and Mary Ann Proto from NY. My son (firefighter) called a little bit ago and said the backfire is holding so they think they got it under control. Yahoo!

Jim I'm saving Texas for retirement so we can come and stay for awhile! It would be my pleasure to sit and learn to speak Texas!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Yes we love Texas. All we have here is tornadoes, hurricanes, severe thunderstorms, drought, heat, cold, dust storms, forest fires, mud slides, flash floods, an occasional oil spill, and a ton of great people and good food. Like they say, Texas, it like a whole 'nuther country. We love it here.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Anywhere But HERE! The further south the better!

Gus I got the Southern thing ever since I learned dog was spelled dawg.

Jim I can possibly work on gumbo???? What is in a gumbo? Stop laughing! Possum Stew..........Nope, not goin' there! Ever have a bald peanut? Nevermind.......long story.

jimtoo

Anywhere But HERE! The further south the better!

Gus I got the Southern thing ever since I learned dog was spelled dawg.

Jim I can possibly work on gumbo???? What is in a gumbo? Stop laughing! Possum Stew..........Nope, not goin' there! Ever have a bald peanut? Nevermind.......long story.

Gumbo, Cajun style ... stew?? Okra, sausage, shrimp, crab meat, onions, celery, maybe some crawfish.,,,,cooked in a big old pot,, with just the right spices ..served over rice,,,, and some even serve it over potato salad,.. It's kinda like a cajun grandma's chicken soup,,, it's a cure all,,, but so good... You need to come on down and make a Gumbo cookoff or visit some of the places in Louisiana and try out some really good food....

Look at this,,, a TEXAN thru and thru.... and promoting Louisiana food. That's Ok,,, it is really great food.

My signature picture was made at New Iberia, La,,, World Championship Gumbo Cookoff..... check out this link to our team. I usually just get to stir the pot or wash dishes.

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Hum Jim - think you convince me not to come to Texas.
Deb - you and John come on down to east Tennessee. Not far from the oceans and the mountains are beautiful. Did I understand ya'll aren't able to make Nashville? B--

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Well Jim you did it! Not going there. John might be able to do the Gumbo thing but I am allergic and can't eat shellfish. Saved by the allergy! Thanks for the heads up. There is no Gumbo north of the Mason/Dixon line that I know of.

Byrd I'll send you a PM about Nashville.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Well Jim you did it! Not going there. John might be able to do the Gumbo thing but I am allergic and can't eat shellfish. Saved by the allergy! Thanks for the heads up. There is no Gumbo north of the Mason/Dixon line that I know of.

Byrd I'll send you a PM about Nashville.

Gumbo is available in a no seafood version. Okra, tomatoes, sausages, assorted and sundry other odds and ends. Hmmmmmm - good!