lug nut size

ontheroad

we have a 2006 3055 RL and have checked our lug nuts for the size, but having trouble, what size are they? are they metric maybe?
They are 16" lone star karrier tires.
thankyou

ChopperBill

13/16 is the size for the aluminum wheels. A regular lug wrench wont work as it is to thick to get into the hole. You will have to use a 13/16 deep well socket and a breaker bar. From the reports I have read you are going to need it if you keep those Load Stars!
p.s Welcome to the forum! Lots of good info found here!

ontheroad

thankyou for the inf.. what are the problems you have heard with the load stars? this will be our first long trip with them and hope we have no trouble. they have only been used for 400 miles so far!!

jbeletti

The studs in the hubs on my Landmark (with 16" aluminum rims) take a 7/8" socket. My 4-way fits it snugly.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Our 3400RL has 13/16 lugs. I had to grind down the circumfrence of an impact socket to get it into the lug hole on the aluminum rims. If you have the white wheels any 13/16 socket or lug wrench will work.

ChopperBill

ontheroad said:
thankyou for the inf.. what are the problems you have heard with the load stars? this will be our first long trip with them and hope we have no trouble. they have only been used for 400 miles so far!!

Report of china tires flying apart are running rampent in the forums. Have had TWO tread failures on our Truck with about $3500 in damage in the last year and a half I put on the best Michelins I could buy on it. Rides better and I have piece of mind. Will to the same on the Bighorn. Dont need tires distroying the RV and ruining a trip.