Where is the best place for bodywork?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We oops-ed and ran into a 3ft high, 4" metal/cement pole barrier as we were pulling into an RV site at night. The pole ended up underneath the slide, and may have damaged the slide arm. Have called insurance, but who does Heartland recommend for this type of repair work (in Dallas/Ft. Worth?)

TT

Attachments

• booboo.jpg
    booboo.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 33

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Tony,

If the slide mechanism is not damaged, it is a easy repair. Just replace the sheet metal. I replaced the same J wrap on my Big Horn.

I would suggest for you to contact Explorer USA RV in Mesquite, TX, ask for Wendy she can point you to the correct person.

Last edited:

goodtruck

There is a GREAT dealer in Denton,tx, McClains RV they are just off I-35E I think it is exit #460 we have our Eagle Ridge there several times and they treated us like they wanted our business.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks for the feedback ya'll.

Goodtruck... McClains in Denton is where we bought it (but have not had any service done since). Since we live 30 miles east of Dallas, it isn't the most convenient. But glad to hear you are happy with their service, will definitely consider taking it there.

Terry... I don't know if the slide mechanism is damaged. Afraid to try, in case it is...what if it jams with the slide out?! Will take to dealer first, let them evaluate.

Would still like to hear from the factory if they have a recommendation.

TT