Anyone notice the new style bunks yet?

gpshemi

Saw a set in person the other week on an HD 3950 that someone was picking up. It's a neat design, but I wouldn't use much. It's a nicer design though for those that would use it than the other table / bunk designs. With the other design, once you drop the bunk and convert to table, you can't walk through the center area. With this setup you can. Once again, Heartland thinks things through.

I have these bench seats on my 3010. At first I was "what's up with this bunk?" then after I took it out, I became attached to the design. I really like the fact that you can pass through the garage either through the door or straight out the back.

I picked up a Coleman queen size air mattress from Costco for $29.99 (with built in pump) and placed it over the two bench seats with them in the sleeping configuration. Works like a charm with no "sagging" in the middle.

philgrg

Are these the standard bunks in the cargo area or an option? Also curious if they are available on all models.

DC10-FE

I ordered my 3010 in March with the "old style" dual bunks in the garage. When I took delivery in April, that was the first time I saw the "new" bunk layout. Never received anything regarding the new style, then again, my dealer didn't have much information nor knowledge on the Cyclone line. They didn't even have any brochures to give me.

Howdy

From what my dealer told me the other day after talking to a Heartland rep that style bunk with become a standard item in 2011 or 2012.

porthole

Retired
The more i see them the more I like the idea. Wonder if they can work on the HappyJac frame I already have

jwalker1

I have a 2011 Cyclone 3950 HD and it has the new bunks/couches. They are really awesome. And like was said you can sit in the back and still have walking room between the couches if you don't put the fold up table in. The top bunk can be made to not come down at all with the stoppers. We usually hang out in the garage in the driveway with the screen down and it's real nice little place to party.....We haven't taken the new Cyclone out yet (I am still working) but we are planning on going to the Corpus Christi Naval Air Station, TX over the Labor Day weekend. I am retired Air Force so it only costs $17 a night for W/S/E. Hope to see ya'll on the road sometime. Can't wait for 2012 when I can retire and go full time.

Last edited:

Howdy

I have a 2011 Cyclone 3950 HD and it has the new bunks/couches. They are really awesome. And like was said you can sit in the back and still have walking room between the couches if you don't put the fold up table in. The top bunk can be made to not come down at all with the stoppers. We usually hang out in the garage in the driveway with the screen down and it's real nice little place to party.....We haven't taken the new Cyclone out yet (I am still working) but we are planning on going to the Corpus Christi Naval Air Station, TX over the Labor Day weekend. I am retired Air Force so it only costs $17 a night for W/S/E. Hope to see ya'll on the road sometime. Can't wait for 2012 when I can retire and go full time.

Does yours just have the white fold up table that goes between the couches? The latest brochure I have shows 3 permanent holes in the floor where 3 aluminum poles would go in with a table top much like the dinette one. It really give it a nice finished look.

jwalker1

My 3950 has the white fold up table. But we do have the holes that the dining table will fit. Ours only has 2 holes though.

Yianni

OK Duane. you've been doing some great mods lately so I'm waiting for you to do the new bed/bench mod.
Have you looked into this yet? Has anybody determined if the older style can be retrofitted with the new?

Here is a picture of the latest style.

Attachments

• New Bed Bench.jpg
    New Bed Bench.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 49

porthole

Retired
Actually Louis - I'm waiting for someone who doesn't like it to offer up a trade!
I don't really need the dual bunks, and the split couch would be more suitable for our zoo.