Propane Tank "Humming" Noise

Heartland North Country 22FB ... noticed that when any Propane appliance is in operation (i.e., refrigerator, water heater, stove top, or oven) there is a pronounced "humming' noise that emanates from the propane tanks. I've tried using only 1 tank (keeping one closed), keeping both tanks open and relying on the automatic changeover, but nothing seems to curb the "humming" ... (sounds like the background noise at a South African Soccer Match).
I've tried re-filling the tanks but to no avail (other than lightening my wallet). Happens in both cold (this past winter in Florida) and hot (here now in Alabama) weather.
Anyone experience anything like this?
Thanks, in advance,
R.G.. (Bob) Braund

RollingHome

I too have heard the humming noise. To the best of my knowledge (I'm not an expert) the noise is harmless and coming from your LP regulator. It's the diaphram disc vibrating. It's a PITA I know... but, just ignore it. Contact a local LP vendor so they verify what I'm telling you. Maybe if you change regulators it will stop... JMO. Tom

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Several days ago, I added a Remote Changeover indicator to the rig that will let me know on a panel inside the coach that one tank is empty and the regulator has switched to the other tank. The day I did the install, I heard what you are describing. Mine did sound as if it was coming from the LP bottle. It has gone away on it's own. During this install I also noticed my regulator change over switch was very hard to turn . So hard, I thought it was going to break. I just purchased a spare regulator just in case. Weather it was related to the noise, I don't know. I can tell you the indicator works as designed. I had to pull an empty and get it filled the other day. I suppose now I'll go out when the hot water heater kicks in to verify I have no noise. This is the first time I have heard it though.