brakes might be dragging

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
We are on our first trip with our LD augusta. When checking tires etc I noticed some brake dust on one wheel. when I check the temp of the hub (with the lazer temp I use for racing) I found that the doorside rear hub is 20-25 degrees hotter than the others. On these is it just a simple job of backing off the brake shoes a bit. I know nothing about electric brakes. Help please.

By the way, there 4 heartland products in the camp ground we are at in Cannon Beach Or.
Thanks for the help

caissiel

The brakes are adjusted by lifting the wheel of the ground and thighten them to a drag and then loosen them back. They do run close thats why you need to set them to a drag and then back of to make sure the lining is close to the drum.

I had grease in my hubs that were making the magnets sticky and the wheel would break first and even made the wheel drag when I applied the brakes.

You do have the right tool to PM your unit, great to see the difference. It could also be caused by more grease in one hub, or thighter bearing. Heat don't hurt until its to high. Grease can break down but at high temperature above 160F to 225F.