BC 3250TS curtain holders

waterboy1

We are looking for input on the plastic curtain holders at the bottom of the curtains. Does anyone have a better way than to keep buying the plastic holders. Basically if you touch them they break. I have replaced 7 already since last October.
Thanks

Last edited:

kseagle

I repositioned the screws and use elastic tie downs. The kind that kids use for their hair work great and no more broken tie downs.

Clymer

We are looking for input on the plastic curtain holders at the bottom of the curtains. Does anyone have a better way than to keep buying the plastic holders. Basically if you touch them they break. I have replaced 7 already since last October.
Thanks

The ones against our back wall where the recliners sit have both broke...from the recliner hitting them. just removed them all together because the curtains hang fine without them. We have the 2011 3500RL so your might be different.

waterboy1

I think we have found the problem. On ours they used a "tapered" wood screw that put undo stress on the plastic holder and this is where they always broke. I have switched to a flat "pan" head screw with a small flat washer and they seem to take the bumping much better. (none broke yet). Hope this helps others

rvn4fun

We have broke 4 so far, thinking about making them out of a light metal. The plastic ones just don't get it done.

bacaye

We have had four replaced and one they forgot to replace. One of ours had a screw going into the middle instead of between the little groves. It broke right away. Two had broken but the others were close so they replaced them. I will have to pass on the the idea of changing screws to Bill. Thanks for the idea. Has anyone had as much trouble with their air conditioner as we have had?? Barb PS..The finally gave us a new one..

noobee

We had the problem on both our current & previous 5er. We found more solid plastic ones at a Nash/Arctic Fox dealership & since using these we have not had one break on us.

CS

caissiel

We had the same curtains on our previous trailer and just left them hang down and raised them to the top when traveling.

Sure were better then the Day/Night curtains we have in our unit now.