Welcome Back Light

musicman

I have a 2011 BH 3185 RL and the welcome back light feature works part of the time and does not work part of the time. There is no consistantcy when it will and wil not work. Are the two little prongs at the bottom of the entrance door part of the welcome back feature or do those prongs work with the keyless entry system. I cannot find anything else on the door that would activate the welcome back feature when the door is open and then closed. What would make the welcome back feature work part of the time only. Please advise! Thanks again!

K

karykatz

Steve and Carrie,

The Welcome back light does not work with the Keyless entry system. The light is activated by the switch in the door jam. It is designed to turn on when the door opens and will stay on for 1 minute. If you shut the door it will turn off. see below.

How it works
When the exterior entrance door (not the screen door) is opened and the Aisle Light switch is in the OFF position, the Welcome Back Light feature turns the Aisle Light ON. The light stays on for approximately 1 minute, then dims out to an OFF state.

Over-ride
You may operate the Aisle Light manually as normal by using the Aisle Light switch inside the coach. Note however, if the Aisle Light is switched to the ON position, the Welcome Back Light feature will be disabled, as the light will already be ON.

Hope this helps

musicman

Thanks for the info....I understand how it works....Mine is not working all the time though. It is very inconsistent. Open door light may come on and it may not. I was just making sure the two contacts were the activation for the welcome back light. I will have to let dealer look at it next trip. Thanks again.

Willym

I asked this before, but is there a way to adjust the "time on" duration. My light only stays on for about 5 seconds.

Steve and Carrie,

The Welcome back light does not work with the Keyless entry system. The light is activated by the switch in the door jam. It is designed to turn on when the door opens and will stay on for 1 minute. If you shut the door it will turn off. see below.

How it works
When the exterior entrance door (not the screen door) is opened and the Aisle Light switch is in the OFF position, the Welcome Back Light feature turns the Aisle Light ON. The light stays on for approximately 1 minute, then dims out to an OFF state.

Over-ride
You may operate the Aisle Light manually as normal by using the Aisle Light switch inside the coach. Note however, if the Aisle Light is switched to the ON position, the Welcome Back Light feature will be disabled, as the light will already be ON.

Hope this helps

cszimmer

LANDMARK RUSHMORE
I am in the same boat as Willym our Landmark Rushmore only stays on for 5 seconds. I would also ask the question can this time be adjusted?

K

karykatz

If your welcome back light is only staying on for 5 seconds and you havent shut the door (it is designed to turn off when the door shuts). Please have your dealer check the relay for the light.

I hope this helps.

Willym

My light will stay on for quite a while if I leave the door open. However, I often want to close the door as soon as I enter (say to keep the outside air outside), and 5 seconds is not enough time to open the cabinet and find the light switch. A longer time, say 15 or 20 seconds, would be better. Is the time delay relay adjustable or perhaps replaceable and where is it located?

Thanks

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Mine is erratic also. Seems to have a mind of it's own. Seems like the step lights worked with it on a couple of occasions or was that my imagination? Is it possible to turn on the light above the entry manually? where is that switch?

Hogan