When someone finds a "GOOD" wireless RV camera, PLEASE let us all know.

RollingHome

I keep searching for a "GOOD" wireless camera for the back of the Horn (60' from receiver in TV) without success. I'm gonna wait a while longer. In the mean time, if anyone discovers and buys a decent wireless camera, please let us all know. Thanks, Tom:angel:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Tom, I'm not sure there is such a thing as a "GOOD" wireless camera. Well not in my price range anyway. I installed a wired cam and love it. Was not real difficult to do.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

Harbor Freight tools has a WIRED 12 volt camera that comes with 80 feet of cable that posters here have been favorable about for only $23. Add a connector in the cable, and a video monitor in the truck, and you should have a pretty inexpensive, reliable system.

RollingHome

Thanks Dave & Bill. Dave I may end up picking your brain and experience. One would think that this (wireless RV cam) is not a big deal in 2010. But from my research, wired is the way to go. I was just hoping some smarty pants invented a GOOD wireless one, wishful thinking. I just may go wired when the weather cools off. If you don't mind I will contact your brain and knowledge at that time. Bill, actually I am running several H.F. B&W cams on my home security system and they are good. I'm paying $29.00 for B&W and $39.00 for color, the color ones die quickly. Thanks again guys, Tom

RollingHome

Thanks Tony, let me know if it works. I need about a 60 foot range. Jensen has a good name, maybe, just maybe, it'll work :)

Been eyeing this one:

http://www.jensenheavyduty.com/downloads/dl/file/id/184/aom56wxsys_owners_manual.pdf.

Looks like it's wired from the camera to a transmitter you position at the front of your trailer. Then it's wireless to the monitor.

Unfortunately those are no longer available. They actally performed well -- due to the close proximity of the transmitter to the monitor (actually they were line-of-site), but the transmitters often were not installed properly and water leaked into them. Voyager discontinued them about six months ago.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Tim, found them still available online. Just can't afford it right now. ((sigh)) May miss out then.

TT

caissiel

I bought a GPS,DVD, Cam Radio for my truck and wired the rear camera and trailer camera with TV arial Coax cables that I connect at the trailer plugin. This cost me less then $500

Search Innovatek on Ebay

I have mine for 3 years and spend a winter in the north at -40F for 3 months

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Anyone seen these?

http://www.tadibrothers.com/Products/View/SKU3459811

I spoke to the live chat on this site. The specs in one place say 50 feet, but they confirm it is 65 feet. The camera hooks via wire to a a small keychain sized box that is the transmitter to the monitor. He said it is one of their best sellers. They have a 30 day 100% money-back guarantee.

I plan to consider this, once my ER is out of the shop (tiny accident & warranty issues).

Last edited:

wdk450

I was in AutoZone last week and they had a wireless camera system in a demo on the parts counter. The range was stated at 100 feet, and they said the cost was $140 for the system. The camera was a license plate frame type. The picture on the monitor of me looking at it seemed to be a fair rendition. I couldn't find this item in a search of the AutoZone website. I might try it out if I am sure if I can return it.

RollingHome

Bill & Tony, If you guys get these units please let us all know what ya think. I would be happy if it works "most" of the time. Tom

I installed the voyager wireless system onto our Landmark which was a pretty neat setup. The camera was installed on the back like other cameras with the wires ran up to the front of the camper and a hockey puck sized transmitter that sent a beam to the monitor that suction cupped to the windshield and powered up through the cigarette plug...here is the link where you can get it for under $500...hope this helps

http://www.rvprotectionproducts.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=279&pg=1

RollingHome

Thank you Chris ! How much of a job was it to get the wires from the back to the front ? I have a BH 3670 RL, this is not a toyhauler so I have to hide the wires somehow... It's the somehow that gives me the heebee jeebies :) Tom

It wasnt that hard at all, we ran the wires with the tailights down and ran them along the frame and back up with wires for the tail and marker lights....the system was installed on our previous Landmark which isn't a toy hauler, we haven't done anything with the cyclone yet

BruteForce

I use a Panasonic BB-HCM531A wireless outdoor camera (with night vision). I couple this with my in-cab Cradlepoint 3g router and I'm good to go. Mount this to the roof of your trailer (5th wheel, whatever), provide power using a POE power adapter and you're good to go. Pricey, but very worth it.

I also have one of these watching my front yard with a monitor in my kitchen to see who's at the front door. An live image from 35' away is:

timer.jpg