Trail Air EquaFlex Vs Center Point Suspension Systems

aatauses

Hi everyone,
When we went to the OR rally (which was really great) the gentleman from Hnederson's did a complete review of our rig (2010 3670 BH). We currently have trail air system and he said if we wanted to improve our handling/riding we should consider upgrading to a center point.
For those who have a center point system, what has been your experience? pros/cons? handling differance? weight differance? did you have a trail air and then change? Worth the $$. Anything you can give us to help us make a decision would be benificial. We are considering a trip to AK next summer and wanting to smooth out the ride as much as possible.
Thanks,
al

SmokeyBare

Al,

I decided to have Trail-Air Center Point installed after Heartlands Owners Rally in Goshen IN last year. Like your self I also had issues with another area of our Bighorn during that trip to Goshen. Heartland and Lippert were very good to me in dealing with that problem, Lippert took care of the small area of flexing that was happening and Heartland did the repairs to the structure of the wall. I was a Happy camper leaving Heartland's Factory !

When I was dealing with these issues I decided I wanted to be Pro-active about areas I was concerned about. The Mor-Ryde Rubber Equalizer system I had between my springs was one worry I tossed about often. Bonding Rubber & Steel has been done for years... Motor Mounts... I wanted peace of mind with my suspension system. I decided to have Trail-Air install the Center Point System. I was also able to get the Trail-Air King Pin upgrade as well on this trip, would have done the Tri-Glide as well but they were out of stock.

I feel with what improvements that I've had done to the BigHorn it floats down the road far better than it did before. At times I need to add air to the Center Point bags as well as the Air Pin bag. I feel it is to be expected since the components of both systems is Rubber Air Bags. But the trip last fall to Texas... going by way of Route 10 through Louisiana was a fair test to both systems. Rough roads but the BigHorn showed no concern at all.

Good Luck making your decision.

Marv

lwmcguir

The CP is about 10 times better than the equa flex. It improves the strength of the center spring hanger and gives you the best ride possible. We actually had a coffee mug ride on the counter for 150 miles on I80. It will be the best money you can spend on the suspension system. Have the air split so you can balance the trailer side to side.