fixing the 3612's audio system

Hello all I just purchased a brand new 2010 Cyclone 3612 and love the floor plan. However I was disappointed that they removed the factory amp and sub woofer. I was hoping they installed the amp behind the TV like the similar Keystone model, and cleverly hid the sub woofer. So now I'm looking to get back some much needed bass.

I consider this a way to upgrade from the factory amp/sub set up. I was thinking of a 5 channel amp and a 10" sub with a custom ported enclosure. Amp should fit behind the TV, that would make the speaker connections easy. I was thinking of putting the sub under the couch or somewhere hidden. There seems to be dead space behind the fireplace but IDK if the glass would rattle like crazy. This would require at least a #4 cable from the battery to the amp.

What do you guys think?

gpshemi

I personally wouldn't put it behind the fireplace. What about behind the air bed? There's more room back there then you think.
Or...you could pull the drawer under the fridge, mount it in there, and build a face plate.

porthole

Retired
I don't think you are missing much by not having it. I really don't think it works that well in our trailer and I feel the added cabinet space is a plus. Or in your case a fireplace.
Costco currently has a Sony 2 piece system. Speaker bar and sub woofer/amp combo. The system looks like it would go well in our trailer and I am considering so that the DVD's can do a little more then just look good.
I'd like to remove my amp and sub woofer and install a fireplace.

I was thinking of building a custom enclosure to fit or even replace the "drawer" under the couch. However I might be able to put a basstube or something similar behind the couch, as gpshemi said there is some room back there.

Yea I really don't want to loose any cabnet space. :)

I'll take a look at that sony setup too.