Listed in Standard Options.....

MPG185-GA

Just picked up my MPG185 from the dealer. I have a question regarding the listed "standard Options" on the website and in the brochure. A 3 speed fantastic fan is listed but my unit only has a single speed on/off fan in the bathroom and just a crank vent in the coach....am I missing something?

jimtoo

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure someone will jump in and let you know soon. I would think the best place to start is by contacting your dealer. It would have been even better if this would have been found during your PDI.

Enjoy the forum and your new MPG.

Jim M

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
You are not missing anything but unfortunately it sounds like they "Heartland" made a running change during production or could not procure enough of the other style fan when your came through the plant. They have their specific catch-all phrase on the brochure and on the website that they can do this at any time basically and that's all. You can try to call them, wouldn't hurt.

brains77396

Yes, it is listed as a three speed fantastic fan. Also looking at the standard/options page, it lists a 13.5 BTU air con. However, when you go to the spec page, it is listed as a 11 BTU air con. One would almost think there was a failure to proof read the MPG brochure and web page.

Just picked up my MPG185 from the dealer. I have a question regarding the listed "standard Options" on the website and in the brochure. A 3 speed fantastic fan is listed but my unit only has a single speed on/off fan in the bathroom and just a crank vent in the coach....am I missing something?

brains77396

Just looked on two websites at the 185. Neither of them list a Fantastic fan (7 units). On one of the sites, the three speed fan is listed as an option. But, as you stated, it is in their brochure as standard. It also lists the "Standard" A/C as being a 11 BTU and also a 13.5 BTU unit. A lack of proof reading I would say.

MPG185-GA

Yes a lack of proof reading indeed.......I will point that out to the dealer about it when I return the unit to fix the leak in the rear window....GREAT!

Cathy

We have our order placed for the MPG 183 and are looking foward to picking it up in a few weeks hoping it will be ready by then. We had to purchase it by the info online as no one seemed to have one available of any of the models locally for us to see. So even though I have asked questions of our salesman and dealers near us (one that is out of Mesa about 2 hour drive away), there seems to be some misunderstanding as to what does come standard.

One thing is that the brochure said about the MPG was that Heartland is going "Green" is it certified green with low VOC's?

Seeing this site I was very disappointed to read that perhaps the MPG doesn't come with the 3 speed "fantastic fan" as we have read about that fan as being made so well that you could often go w/o using the AC...I did ask about the 13.5 vs 11.5 AC and my salesman told us it comes with the 11.5 BTU AC. Living in the desert I am hoping this will be enough to beat the 105+ temps. Can anyone tell me if they have used theirs in the desert heat?

The other confusion is the web site brochures also says it comes with the fold out assist handle, this is a benefit to me due to my disablility, but I haven't seen any pictures showing that type of handle. Is it an option instead of standard?

One more question. The spare tire info online says it comes with an aluminum rim on that spare? Does it?

We have never been RVing so this should be a fun experience for us. We did own a boat that we towed when we lived in FL, but that was years ago. I am thankful to Heartland for putting together this nice forum as it seems like a nice way to get answers and a nice way to learn about RVing.

Thanks!

jimtoo

Hi Cathy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will enjoy your new MPG when you get it. Check it out completely when you do your PDI to make sure everything works and you can work everything.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

shmily76

In regards to a comment about a leak near rear window- we have had our MPG just over a month, and after traveling from IL to NC and back, have noticed that the back window (window over the hitch end), now has a bow effect, and developed a crack. Wondered if MPG185-GA had this same problem? If that's where your leak occurred? We ran into Jim Beletti at a campground in IN and he suggested we email customer service (which I just did), so I'm hoping for some good news!

MPG185-GA

Our leak issue was more to do with an ill-fitting gasket.....a little window caulking and so far so good. The installation of the rear window has always seemed strange to me as it looks like the end sections of the window frame are compressed during installation. I can see where this could easily lead to issues as yours. Hopefully, my problems are behind me and your solution is quickly forthcoming.......

M

Mcreech

I just want to state the obvious here, with regards to the confusing information.........As everyone has stated, these errors are a result of proof reading......The MPG does not come with a 3 speed fan, it comes with a 11k BTU A/C not the 13.5, it does not come with a fold out assist handle and the spare is now steel vs aluminum.......Some of these were on the original proto type but have since changed.......I'm sorry about the confusion...

Mike C

looking

Just got our 181 and took it for a test trip last weekend. Love it.

Salesperson wanted to give me some brochures to give to people when they come look at our unit, but I refused to take them due to all the typos and it showed the old floor plans. Asked him to call me when the new brochures come in.

brains77396

We just came in from 11 days out with our 186. Not in the desert, but with high humidly and the heat index over 100. The AC is VERY noisy. However, crank that baby up on high and you will be able to hang meat in it in about 30 minutes. My wife complained constantly about being cold. It would be nice to have a wall thermostat as the one built into the unit is sort of hit and miss. Now it feels hot in the house. I may have to go hang out in the camper.:cool:

Seeing this site I was very disappointed to read that perhaps the MPG doesn't come with the 3 speed "fantastic fan" as we have read about that fan as being made so well that you could often go w/o using the AC...I did ask about the 13.5 vs 11.5 AC and my salesman told us it comes with the 11.5 BTU AC. Living in the desert I am hoping this will be enough to beat the 105+ temps. Can anyone tell me if they have used theirs in the desert heat?

MPG185-GA

We just returned from a four day trip.....upper 90's and 96% humidity. The A/C worked well....agreed, it is a bit noisy but I will take it. As you say, the built-in thermostat is a bit tricky but we made it thru. One night I did wake up to the A/C making a different noise..sounded like it was freezing up. I turned it off for about 30 minutes....and it was fine. First trip a success.....

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Since this thread has been responded to by the Factory, I'll be moving it to the General Discussions area. Thanks for your post.