Uneven heat in bh 3370

traveler44

Have any of you found a solution to the problem with the front end--bedroom and bathroom-- getting nearly all of the heat when the furnace is on and the living room getting starved? If so what does it require to fix this problem? Just wanted to know before I take it in for warranty work. Thanks!!! Tom M.

jnbhobe

You may want to get into your basement and check for crimped supply lines coming from your furnace, also make sure all the heat runs are attached to the furnace outlets right. I also changed the bathroom register to an ajustable one. Mine works pretty good now. JON

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I replaced all of our registers with the adjustable type, closed the bedroom one down to almost shut and the bathroom to half way. Otherwise, we didn't need to use the oven to cook. Helped a lot getting warmer air to the rear register. Unfortunately, to check the air ducts to the rear of the coach you will have to drop the underbelly covering. I haven't gotten brave enough to do that yet.

traveler44

I will get some adjustable registers and try that. I was just a little worried that it might cause heat to build up at the furnace but It looks like the air will just flow out the other ducts from what I've read here. I will crawl into the basement and take another look to see if I can see how the ducts come out. I'm in no hurry to drop the underbelly either but I think I read where one of the guys down in Texas had to, to fix his heating problem on a brand new unit. I never saw how that turned out. Tom M.

traveler44

I managed to increase the air flow from one of the living room registers by about 3X by installing a "Y" and shoving the 2" hose down one side of it behind the furnace. The problem is that all I get is more cold air in the living room so that tells me that there is a heat loss problem in the ducting going to the back of the unit. I am going to add this to my list of warranty work because I don't want to try to drop the underbelly by myself to see what is going on. By the way covering the registers in the bedroom and bathroom doesn't help to get more heat in the living room on mine. Thanks for the ideas though. Tom M.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I will get some adjustable registers and try that. I was just a little worried that it might cause heat to build up at the furnace but It looks like the air will just flow out the other ducts from what I've read here. I will crawl into the basement and take another look to see if I can see how the ducts come out. I'm in no hurry to drop the underbelly either but I think I read where one of the guys down in Texas had to, to fix his heating problem on a brand new unit. I never saw how that turned out. Tom M.

I think that was "Creeper" that did that. I pulled the photo's he posted into a Word file for reference. He all but gutted the underbelly and reworked the wiring and heating system. Some of his ducts were almost bent over on themselves.