Window blinds

4ever

We currently have the day night shades in our Bighorn. Must say that at times we like them however, there are times they drive us crazy. We are currently looking at trading in and going to a new Landmark. Noticed on the new Landmark they have changed from the day night shades to typical horizontal shades like you would have in a stick house. Have been told that we could order the Landmark with the day night shade if we wanted. Looking for any thoughts out there on this subject. Seems to me there is a reason they went back to standard horizontal shades.

DW is concerned that the horizontal shades will vibrate against the window and rattle. Again, some thoughts please.

Ted

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We changed out our day/night shades for regular aluminum blinds with curtains. It makes me feel more like home. The day/night shades did not let me see out the window without raising the entire shade. The blinds let me partly open them land be able to see out if we want. We know of others who have changed out to wooden blinds. It is mainly a matter of preference. We have had no problem with the blinds rattling against the windows. They are attached at the bottom and top. To raise the blind they can be removed from the bottom holders.

Attachments

• blinds.jpg
    blinds.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have a Bighorn and have changed out from day night shades to wooden blinds on 4 of our windows. @ in the dinette/couch slide, the rear window and the entertainment slide. Several reasons for us. The rear window and large slide shades were difficult to reach with two hands at the same time to operate the shade. The blinds work single handedly. The other was they just look much richer and the look feels more like "home". When we travel we raise the blinds to the top and use 1" foam strips to keep them from bouncing about. Ours are not attached at the bottom.

Attachments

• Dinette Blinds.jpg
    Dinette Blinds.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Loveseat Blinds1.jpg
    Loveseat Blinds1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Rear Window Blinds.jpg
    Rear Window Blinds.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 113
Not sure if it is better to ask here at the end of a post or start my own, but this seems pretty relavent based on a search.

My Yellow Llab decided it was easier to look out the windows in the garage of my Cyclone without the blinds in the way.... So, it seems like there might be someone here experienced in how to get replacements. Can you get them directly from the factory so they match (she only needed to look out one window), or do I have to go through a dealer?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We're looking at removing the large rear shades and replacing them with vertical blinds, like we have at home.

jimtoo

HI TripletDad,

Your OK here I think, everyone usually just goes by "new post" area anyway.

My suggestion is to have your VIN handy and call Heartland Customer Service 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. They should be able to help you get a replacement. And if your a Heartland Owners Club Member, be sure and ask for your discount. You might have measurements of width and length of blind at hand also,,, just in case they ask.

Jim M

ChopperBill

After spending some time adjusting ours (instead of waiting for trouble) we are getting along pretty good with them. Even have the large one in the rear adjusted so you can open and close with one hand.

You can adjust the blinds? We are having a problem with the wood horizontal large blind in the rear window. When we bought the rig the string was broken. Had it restrung and moved it up and down two times the middle string broke again.