Full-timing discussion to be held at rally

jbeletti

This is always a popular topic at the big rallies so I thought we'd have a session. Need a volunteer to moderate the session.

Full-timing Discussion Moderator

NEED ()
We have added a full-timing discussion in the rally hall on Saturday morning from 8:30 am to 10:00 am. Those who are full-timers now and anyone who is curious/interested in full-timing in the future are encouraged to attend. I am seeking a couple who are now full-timers to moderate this session.

SmokeyBare

Re: Full-timing discussion to be held at rally - need a discussion moderator volunteer

Jim,

Can we consider a few couples to head this discussion? Just thinking that one couple's Full Timing lifestyle isn't always exactly what others are doing. Just a thought...

We did an informal Full Timers session at the Branson MO Rally and it went quite well. Karen and I are willing to help make this discussion a successful session !

netters1

Re: Full-timing discussion to be held at rally - need a discussion moderator volunteer

What all would be involved in the Moderator? If you consider more than one couple Mac & I may be interested in helping.

Mac and Lynette / Marv and Karen - the job is yours :)

I'll email you both now.

Thank you!

Jim

Ok, so who will be in charge of getting Mac up that early!! We may need some noise makers for this...

Well here is one item that I hope will be discussed by an experienced veteran who receives medical benefits from the VA. The question is "how do you receive medical care and medicine from the VA outside you home area while full timing?"

Don't ask me too because I'm still having problems with it. I'm supposed to see a cardiologist every six months. It's been over a year now. So far the VA has been clueless on how to work with me.

That brings up another question. How is the new socialized health care bill going to affect full timers, if at all?

DW Gray,

I don't have any information on Medical care through the VA. I've done some looking at different Forums and it seems to me the Escapee's Forum has a very good section on Veterans Information.

To Pull a Quote from one Post that may answer your question:

" Nice thing about the VA system is all the records are electronic as are the exam requests and all the hospitals are linked to the same network. Just have your primary care Dr enter the lab test requests and then tell the lab at the hospital you go to about where you are from.

As for prescriptions, its best to stick with one pharmacy and have them send the meds to a mail forwarder such as Escapees. VA doesn't like sending meds outside the hospital's region. "
--------------------
Brian and Mr Furry Pants - USAF Ret

Link: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=77166

As much as I've read about the New Health Care Plan this Administration has pushed for, I read that will NOT effect the VA Tricare Health Care System.

House Votes To Exempt TRICARE From Health Reform Bill

Here is the Link to that Info: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=82685

Hope this info is some use and help to you.

Marv

Leno

Wish it were as easy as it sounds but it's not...You have to sign up in each network, which involves seeing a primary dr first and giving them all your info such as drugs you are on...then they will refer you to who you need to see. We are in the middle of a situation right now and it's challenging.