Some people just don't take care of their RV

azbound

A few weeks ago A BH came to the CG we are in, the unit looked terrible as did the TV. I introduced myself and ask how they liked the BH. First thing out of his mouth was it is a piece of junk and falling apart. I ask what had happened? His story on a trip to Alaska he had torn the spare tire from under the trailer, had broke a shock and had a couple flat tires. Then his wife went on to say they really like the trailer it just seems to be falling apart.

I am not being judgmental but from what I could see the problem appeared to be the owners.I think they really need a tank instead of an RV.

Just my humble opinion

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We've seen that more times than you can imagine...never ceases to amaze me what people can do to destroy things...cars, homes, RVs...you name it!!

imchud

The Rig that is next to ours at the C/G was new 3 years ago, not a Heartland product but a Jayco Designer, I would guess around 55 to 60 grand, not cheap. this thing has been sitting under the trees with sap, bird droppings, and nasty yellow pollen stuck all over the thing. I know for a fact it has never been cleaned, the screen door is broken, and the tires are 1/2 flat. The owner of the C/G told them they have until the end of July to wash it or he is going to do it for them and then back charge them for the cleaning. I guess its a good thing, the owners are very picky about people keeping their sites up to date and clean, along with their Rigs. He doesn't care about the age, but he wants them clean.

Tom

MrsSouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
While in Mrytle Beach Travel Park we walked around and saw several campers that needed just basic soap and water applied!
The question I had while knowing a good wash was in deed warranted. Would they fall apart after washing?
Some of the campers looked to be several years old and we think some of them might have been white at one time; they had grey coloring and well, need a lot of tlc!
Larry and I were both raised with the understanding that if you own something take care of it, have pride in not only where you live but how you live!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We see this all the time as well and can't understand why. Seems you see most of it parked on seasonal sites, but some of the filth that travels our highways...... If they can't expend the energy to clean it, it probably doesn't get any maintenace or pre-trip inspections either. It's scary.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
The point is...not everyone who complains about their RV "being junk that is falling apart", has a valid claim. Just like anything you own, house, car RV it must be maintained. If you don't take care of it, then you've got no one to blame but yourself, in most cases....

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The point is...not everyone who complains about their RV "being junk that is falling apart", has a valid claim. Just like anything you own, house, car RV it must be maintained. If you don't take care of it, then you've got no one to blame but yourself, in most cases....
I agree.

Peace
Dave

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

Thank you.

jnbhobe

the point is...not everyone who complains about their rv "being junk that is falling apart", has a valid claim. Just like anything you own, house, car rv it must be maintained. If you don't take care of it, then you've got no one to blame but yourself, in most cases....

me too !!!!!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)

Amen sister!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Maybe we should start a photo log of yucky RVs. Saw one the other day. A small travel trailer with no air conditioning, and they were carrying a cyclone fence (metal fence) on top. The travel trailer was in poor condition and at least 20 years old.