furnace/thermostat

shaneandtammymoore

Shane & Tammy
Has anyone had a problem with the furnace running way too long (25-30 minutes)? That is a lot of heat from a gas furnace and it takes forever before the heat comes back on, so then it gets very cold in the trailer. Thermostat malfunction or what?????

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Thermostat

We recently found our furnace would come on OK but would not shut off when when it reached the temperature setting. I suspicioned a bad thermostat and the dealer did find it bad. They replaced it and it seems to work fine now. There is a few minute delay before it shuts down either when it reaches the temperature setting or when you turn the furnace off. Evidently they want to cool it down before shutting down.

Tom & Sharol

shaneandtammymoore

Shane & Tammy
mine cuts on and off fine, and does have the delay to cool it down, it just runs entirely too long each cycle. I figured thermostat and your input confirms I have got a good starting place anyway. thanks.

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Thermostat

Did you hear about a replacement for the Duo Therm thermostat ? It is made by Hunter and they are available from Walmart for $ 19.95. They have a +/- 1 degree Hysterisis so the furnace would cycle more often but run less at one time. It also provides a digital readout of room temperature which is nice to have.

http://www.klenger.net/arctic-fox/hunter-tstat/index.html

The instructions/wiring are on pages 4 and 5 of the following....

http://www.klenger.net/arctic-fox/hunter-tstat/hunter-digital-tstat-instructions.pdf

I'm thinking seriously of trying one this winter while we're in Florida. Some posts on other RV sites say less propane is used.

Tom

tappet

thermostat problems

I have had the same problem with my remote thermostat. Tech is coming to look at it today.

shaneandtammymoore

Shane & Tammy
talked to my dealer today. they told me just to take mine off and bring it in and they would give me a new one. i will try this first. cant beat that for service.

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Replacing Thermostat

You might disconnect the trailer battery before replacing the thermostat as there is power to it. I also had written down the color codes for the wiring terminal block in case our dealer messed up changing ours. Nice of your dealer letting you change yours out instead of bringing the trailer in. We got stuck with a very poor dealer and have to hound them to get anything done or done right.

Tom

tdharley

For anybody with a remote wireless thermostat.....

After reading the manual I found out that the thermostat actually has to "see" the ceiling unit. Mine was mounted in the back of the rig and was not working properly.

I relocated it under the ceiling unit, eye level and it works fine now.

Also all furnaces have a cool down period as not to damage the plenum.