another Samsung combo question

Bobby A

Kinda feel stupid asking this question but I'm gonna ask it anyway. Does the Samsung TV need a converter box ?? This new DTV digital signal thing has me confused. At our home campgrounds I have satellite so no troubles there. We are on a trip up north hear in MI and when we arrived I did the scan on the Samsung and got 9 channels, I said to myself that is GREAT getting all those channels out hear in the boonies of Gladwin. So the next time I went to turn on the TV to watch the news I didn't have any channels, I did another search and 0 channels were found. I went to my bedroom TV that does have a converter box and got many channels. So I am a little confused at this point. The power boost is on so that is not the problem. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks and Happy 4th of July to all and for those of us traveling, have safe travels.

Bobby A

Bobby A

Yes Bobby - it has a digital tuner. Make sure you are switched to AIR and not Cable on the tuner before scanning and that the TV antenna is up and the amplifier is on.

Jim

HI Jim,

Thanks for confirming it does have a digital tuner, all was done as you mentioned, I wonder if a cable has gone bad, or even the input behind the TV ??

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bobby, one more thing you might want to try. If your TV has a signal meter, rotate your antenna while it is scanning for channels and try to get the strongest signal. Might help.

Peace
Dave

Bobby A

O.k. guys I found the problem, after checking all connection, cables and splitters. I went up on the roof and checked the connection on the antenna, and sure enough the cable was loose enough that it was not getting a signal, I tightened the cable and BINGO !! got my signal back, must of gotten loose while rotating the antenna. Who would of thunk it !!