Looking into the Heartland MPG

kiawah

We are looking to buy the MPG or the well known competitor. Can you tell me the advantages of buying the MPG over the competitor? Also, does anyone know the financial stability of Heartland?

jimtoo

Hi kiawah,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I personally have not looked at a MPG, but from reports they are a good unit. You will have the backing of a great company with excellent customer service. A company that actually has people that you can talk to on the phone and you will have the support of the best forum and owners there is.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

aatauses

Not sure about the mpg, however I will say the sustomer service from HL is the best. You will always be abole to talk to a person, they will return phone calls, and if you need minor parts they will gladely sent them wherever you happen to be.
al

looking

I was set on buying from the competitor but couldn't find the exact unit we wanted. My Daughter and son in law were camping over July 4th and saw an MPG and called to tell us about it. I found that our local dealer had one and went to look at it. I wasn't thrilled with the unit they had on the lot but my husband liked it (especially the differences in the bathroom).

Since daughter and SIL had gone with us to look at competitor, thought we'd get their opinion of the mpg so off we went. Low and behold the dealer had received a shipment of MPG's and we got to see 4 different units. We fell in love with the 181.

Spent quite a while discussing the advantages and disadvantages between the MPG and competitor and finally decided to get the MPG for several reasons. It seemed that Heartland had solved a lot of problems that the competitor units had and the MPG seemed to be an "upgrade" from the competitor units we'd looked at.

This is our first TT, so we went on a trial trip last weekend, they took their camper and my husband and I took our MPG 181. We knew nothing about set up etc and I was so afraid that I would be disappointed, but I was really pleased with everything about the unit. They had electrical problems so we cooked and fed 7 people all weekend without any problems. Of course we ate outside.

Our next trip is next weekend and we will be on our own, but I am confident that we will be fine.

RollingHome

Kiawah, ALL RV's have their share of problems and NONE are trouble free, including HL products ! We have had many different brands and types. That being said, I'm almost 60 YO and I bought a Heartland Bighorn for close to $ 60,000.00, does that say anything ? In my opinion, you get the best value for your dollar in a HL product. Of course, if you spend 2 or 3 times more you'll get a little more. I emphasis, a little more.