Smoothing out the ride

aatauses

Hi everyone,
We have a 2010 BH 3670. Awhile ago I posted that we were having an issue with flexing in the overhang. I plan to get it fixed here in WA. While at the dealer (Chiefs) for an idea what I was getting into, and looking at their appointment schedule, they suggested doing more to smooth out the ride. They suggested a center point system, same suggestion I recieved at the OR rally, they also suggested a DIY air box for my hitch. I have a husky 16K--so does anyone use the air box for their hitch?? pros/cons/advantages/ Anything to help me make a decision on this or any other suggestions to minimize the flexing. I do have the mor-ride pin.
thanks
al
PS HL has been in the loop on this issue and as usuall have helped alot with customer service

I have the CP and like it. Tgether with the Trail-Air pin box it is a good combination. I notice you have a 16 K hitch. That might be a little light for a 3670. If you have an air ride pin box then you probably don't need an air ride hitch, otherwise an air ride hitch is really nice but a little pricey. JMO

aatauses

Thanks Beardedone,
I do not have an air ride pin, but have the mor ride pin----that is whay the dealer suggested going to an air box on my hitch. He stated with the combination of a mor ride pin and the air box I would have the best of both worlds. You mentioned the 16 K may be light for a 3670, we have been weighed twice and weigh about 14, 500 and the gross is 16K, so when we bought the truck (used) it had a 16 K so we went with that?
al

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
As you know we also have a 3670 and we don't load ours heavy either. Even so, we were advised to go to an 18k hitch just for the added strength. We will probably be getting the CP system in August as well as some other possible work from Henderson's. Good luck with your frame issue!

Kristy

That is probably a good combination, having the MorRyde and air ride hitch. I understand that having both the hitch and box on air could cause some issues as each air ride component would work against the other. So I think you would have a very nice hook up. You should investigate the strength of the hitch though. Having a safety margin is very important so that you do not generate stress and gradual weakening of the hitch.

nscaler2

I agree that doing something to smooth out the ride will benefit both the 5th wheel and your truck. However, why do we have to add aftermarket solutions to accommodate an obviously under designed and engineered frame???
Hi everyone,
We have a 2010 BH 3670. Awhile ago I posted that we were having an issue with flexing in the overhang. I plan to get it fixed here in WA. While at the dealer (Chiefs) for an idea what I was getting into, and looking at their appointment schedule, they suggested doing more to smooth out the ride. They suggested a center point system, same suggestion I recieved at the OR rally, they also suggested a DIY air box for my hitch. I have a husky 16K--so does anyone use the air box for their hitch?? pros/cons/advantages/ Anything to help me make a decision on this or any other suggestions to minimize the flexing. I do have the mor-ride pin.
thanks
al
PS HL has been in the loop on this issue and as usuall have helped alot with customer service