Mor-ride and different measurements on each side

L'l John

I have a '07 Bighorn 3400RL. It has the Mor-Ride suspension.
When using my Bal chocks to lock my tires & wheels down, I noticed that on the curb side that I have plenty of room to insert the Bal chocks and tighten them up. But in the street side the tires are too close together to insert the Bal-Chock.:(
My dealer took measurements and contacted Lippert, who said the measurements for the frame and axles are within spec. They said to contact Mor-Ride. Dealer contacted them and they said that the measurements between tires will vary according to the weight on each side of the trailer. Dealer said that since the refrigerator, microwave, 27" TV, and pantry is all on the street, side creating more weight than on the other side, that would be why the tires are closer together on that side, and that there would be no unusual tire wear resulting from this.
Has anyone else ever noticed a diffent spacing between tires from side to side? Have you questioned why the difference? What were you told?:confused:

ct0218

Not enough detail to answer your question. Are you talking about fractions of an inch, or way over an inch difference?

L'l John

Here is some more information that I omitted before.

Mor-ride says that there is nothing to worry about until the tires get as close together as 1 inch. Now the distance is nearly 2 inches between tires on one side and about 3-1/2 to 4 inches on the other side. That is enough for me to notice as I have plenty of space on one side to place the Bal Chock between the tires, and not enough space on the otherside.
The difference is enough to make me wonder if I am going to have excessive tire wear.

The RV-Ramblers

BigHorn Owners
L'l John,
I have the same problem. However, it doesn't seem as severe as your. There is only small difference in the spacing on ours but enough so that I have to force (not as good as I would like) the Bal Chock between the tires on the off street side. The street side barely fits with a little forcing. Seems to me in another thread, someone else had the same problem and modified their Bal Chock so that they would fit. Guess I will have to search for the posting.

ct0218

That seems to be a big difference . I do know that the heavy side tires will be closer together because of the way the Mor/ryde system works, but that's a lot. On my Landmark the spring brackets were not properly spaced when it was welded, forcing my springs to be too flat on that side. What do your springs look like? You may have the same or similar problem. The only other thing that should affect the spring arch is overloading.

L'l John

What do your springs look like?

My camper is at the dealer's getting that looked at and some other things that need fixing.
I'll know more when they are done and I can pick it up. Haven't seen it in more than a month.

ct0218

Mine are fine now, normal arch. LSI, in Elkhart, was doing a little warranty work and discovered the problem with the axles. They called Heartland, who got Lippert to replace the axles and suspension system and beef it up. It was done in 2 days, which surprised me, and is fine now. My tires were about 1 1/4 inches apart, the left rear spring was straight, and the rear axle had 0 camber.