Generator fuel line 2008 Cyclone 40'

rsp1761

New member...looks like a great site! I just got a 2008 Cyclone 40' (not sure of model designation :confused:)

The fuel line from tank to Onan 5500 appears to not work. Had to bypass this at fuel intake and run it out of a 5 gallon fuel container...

Any thoughts??

Thanks,
Ross

jimtoo

Hi rsp1761,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure someone will jump in here and give you some ideas soon. I assume you checked the shutoff valve at tank, I think it has one. And made sure there were no kinks.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

porthole

Retired
Did yo try the primer several times?

The fuel line from the tank has a long run and it is a small diameter rubber hose. Plus there is a lot of excess hose under the trailer. Give the primer 4-5 chances.

rsp1761

Thanks for the replies and welcome! I plan on using this forum a lot lol... We could not find a tank shutoff valve. Previous owner said there was not one but he also said his wife knew more about it than he did.

We tried priming/starting numerous times with no luck. Tried to blow through the fuel line and could not....Going to take it in for service tomorrow and have the techs give me a solid run through on it also as it is all trial and error so far for me lol.

Thanks again,
Ross