sagging fresh water tank

ChopperBill

My 3055 was made WAY AFTER the swelling belly problem came up and announced to the factory. My tank fell out of the mounts. So the factory has done nothing to alleviate this problem that I am aware of. My dealer took of the belly cover and placed a real heavy duty support bar across the bottom. No way it is going to fall out again. The tanks falling out of the Bighorn is a sure thing the way they are made if you fill the tank. Camp ground folks that never fill the tank may have no problems.
Search the posts. I believe it was Timk (an inventive fellow) has some pictures of his "swelling belly bar"

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I asked Scott this same question when our 3055 was on order. His answer on Sept. 11 to me was "To help combat this possibility, Heartland now installs a flat stock steel piece between the two angle steel pieces and under the plywood. Now, if someone were to continue to fill their tank without monitoring it, the possibility still exists that they could expand the tank so much that it would break the steel off as well. It would be extremely rare, but a possibility." I'm assuming by this response that Heartland is now making the fix standard. Hope this helps. Doug

DennisZ

I looked at the fresh water tank in my 2007 3055RL and it did have the extra supports Scott mentioned. I've filled it up to the max a cpuple of times now with no adverse effects.

tappet

fresh water supports

Are these supports external, by that I mean can you see them without removing the belly cover? Are they in the corners near the frame? What do they look like?

DennisZ

You have to lower down the lower belly covering to see the straps. If I remember right, the are about 2 or 3 inches wide and run front to back between the front and rear tank support angles. If you lower the belly cover in the area of the water tank, you can look in the area with a flashlight and see the straps.

ChopperBill

Those straps running front to back are the normal Heartland safety straps. The "swelling belly bar" runs the width of the coach from frame to frame across the length of the tank down the middle.

Uncle Rog

Tank Supports.......Water Damage.....Tank Leak

These are the pictures from my recent warranty fix. The "solution" was to replace the 1/2" ply with 3/4". I am not completely happy with the fix. Please note the pictures attached, the water leak from the BROKEN water tank did some moisture damage. The tank was not replaced, but was REPAIRED. The tank supports are rusted up and no idea how much other water intrusion problems were created, after 3 weeks of down time I picked her up. I will keep a close eye on things as my warranty period is up in a few months. I also abandoned the stk converter as it was wired and installed so screwy........The pictures are not uploading because of the file size. I will try to change the format and re-submit UR

Uncle Rog

Pictures As Advertised........

Here are the pictures, note the mold, rust and other corruption that has begun to form, pretty discouraging in a 50G rig. Our trip to Furnace creek next week should help to dry things out. BS. We probably won't keep this much longer as we do not need the crap........UR

Attachments

• PA190001_50.JPG
    PA190001_50.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 123
  • PA190002_50.JPG
    PA190002_50.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 112
  • PA190003_3.JPG
    PA190003_3.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 108

Scott

Not sure who did the work on your coach, but I agree, the work was not the greatest. Be sure to note that the "fix" you mention was the dealer's decision, not a factory repair. Let me know who did the work through a private message if you will.
ST