cable connection problem

NSNorthtrail

hi All,
In my 28 BHS there are two cable connections. One up on the actual TV Shelf and the other over the bar stool area, under the cabinet. The cable connection works perfectly and is very clear that is up on the TV shelf, however, the connection under the cabinet is very fuzzy. I removed the cable plate and hooked the TV up dierctly to the cable( thinking it may be a faulty plate) but it still was very fuzzy. This connection does not have the Antenna booster. Any suggestions??
Peter

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Peter, I assume your antenna amplifier is off if you're using park cable or even home cable next to your house. I would think the problem is the cable connection on either end of the coax that runs from the amplifier to the second TV. Also pull the amplifier out of the wall and verify that the cables are connected to the proper connections. They are labeled. Also while you have it out do a visual on the crimped connectors for ground. This can also be done with an ohm meter.

bar20

Besides what Ray suggested try reprogamming your tv to the cable system. This is done with your tv's remote. You didn't say if you went to a different RV park when you changed over. On my tv I have to reprogram the tv to the parks cable system. This usually takes 2-3 minutes depending on the number of channels the cable system has. If you are not sure how to do it, check your tv's manual on how it is done.