2010 Sundance 3300FB - Black & Grey Tank Draining

TheWhites

Hi everyone,

We just spent our 1st weekend in our new 2010 Sundance 3300FB 5th wheel. One area of frustration/confusion for us was the draining of the tanks. As anyone with a 3300FB knows, there are two drains. One near the front and one near the back. There are drain handles labeled (from left to right) "Black Tank", "Grey 1" and "Grey 2". I assumed that the front drain was for the black tank and grey 1 and the rear drain was for grey 2.

Well, I pulled the handle for grey 1 and a little came out, but not much. Then I opened the back drain and everything came pouring out. It almost smelled like urine in that water. Needless to say, it was a disgusting mess. So it appears that grey 1 is the rear drain, but when I pull it, I still get some discharge from the front drain. Without making this a long story, I'm still not sure which handles (black, grey 1, grey 2) go with which drains (front or rear). :confused: I would really appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me!

Also, do the tank flush outs (where you hook up a fresh water hose) flush out the grey tanks or black tank? I hooked up the flush hose to the front opening with the black and grey 1 handles open and it just spit back at me.

As a 7 year veteran of 5th wheel ownership, I never thought draining tanks could be such a difficult process! If anyone could clear up how these systems work in the 3300FB, it would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance!