Microwave always dies between 2.5 and three minutes!

Nell

We have had on going different problems with our oven. Last year all the lights on the electronic pad died. You could hit buttons and the microwave would work but the display was dead so you had no clue what it was doing. It would also keep tripping out and resetting prior to this. Our dealer found a loose connector that they secured and they also secured the oven better to prevent movement in travel. That fixed the pad lights problem but we have just taken the trailer out for the first time this year and the microwave will not work for longer than 2.5- 3 minutes before the whole unit trips out then resets a few minutes later. The fan is pushing air out of the front grill but the unit still acts as if it is over heating. These issues are beginning to affect the enjoyment of our camping. From my description of the problem does anyone have an idea of what might be at fault and if this is fixable.

csalmons

We have had on going different problems with our oven. Last year all the lights on the electronic pad died. You could hit buttons and the microwave would work but the display was dead so you had no clue what it was doing. It would also keep tripping out and resetting prior to this. Our dealer found a loose connector that they secured and they also secured the oven better to prevent movement in travel. That fixed the pad lights problem but we have just taken the trailer out for the first time this year and the microwave will not work for longer than 2.5- 3 minutes before the whole unit trips out then resets a few minutes later. The fan is pushing air out of the front grill but the unit still acts as if it is over heating. These issues are beginning to affect the enjoyment of our camping. From my description of the problem does anyone have an idea of what might be at fault and if this is fixable.

Nell,

I am really sorry to hear you are having trouble. It would help to know which model of microwave you have. Please give us a call here and we will be happy to help you out. Call and speak with Tammi, she may direct you to our service tech so he can trouble shoot some of these issues you are having. I'm sure we can figure things out for you. Thank you. 1-800-772-7262.

wdk450

Nell:
We had the same problem with our Apollo oven, and our dealer had to send it in to Midwest sales under warranty. At the time, we learned on this forum that this is a fairly common problem. If you want to avoid shipping charges, work with your dealer to get it to Midwest sales (if you are under warranty). Deal with them directly if you are not under warranty. You might want to look into a local microwave repair company if you are out of warranty and want to avoid shipping charges.

csalmons

There are a few different options we can look into whether you are in warranty or out. If you are out of warranty we will help you figure out the most cost effective resolution to your problem. Sometimes it's not really as bad as you think it is once we get the technician involved. Just give us a call, we are happy to assist you.

RollingHome

Don't know about others opinion, but I'm impressed with Midweat Sales and service. Here's a company monitoring the forum who offered help and service. This is unheard of in today's biz climate ! Kudo's to Midwest Sales & Service... JMO, Tom

csalmons

Don't know about others opinion, but I'm impressed with Midweat Sales and service. Here's a company monitoring the forum who offered help and service. This is unheard of in today's biz climate ! Kudo's to Midwest Sales & Service... JMO, Tom

Tom,

I want to thank you very much for that comment. I'm only here Monday through Friday 8-5pm so I am not always able to respond as quickly on the weekend posts. I hope everyone makes use of this forum, and from what I have seen over the past year there has been some really good advice given from people. I wish everything would always work perfectly, but of course that isn't reality :) If I can't answer a question on here then I will find out the answer. Sometimes the questions are beyond the scope of my capability, but people can always, always call the 800 number below for assistance. If anyone has any cooking questions or anything like that I would be happy to help as well. I have one of these ovens myself, and I use it very frequently in my home. I have been using it for about 5 years now, and I have 4 children, so I've cooked A LOT in there :) . Remember, the only silly question is a question NOT asked. Everyone take care and have safe travels.

Nell

Thank you for all the responses. I will be calling but have to go and get my "Heartland" file that I left in the camper which is stored a long way from home!

csalmons

Nell,

I would assume the microwave is also in the camper which is stored a long way from home as well. Once you get to the unit give us a call, there are things you might be able to do with out having to remove the micro or replace it. The warranty period on the microwave is 1 year from the date of purchase of your coach, but even if you are out of warranty we can still help so don't worry about calling. Thank you.

Nell

Cari,

Thank you, I have talked to Tammi who was extremely helpful and gave me my options. There is no way we can get power to our coach to have an appliance repair person come look at it so I feel the best way to get this resolved and feel comfortable with it is the option that Tammi suggested to ship it to you folks to work on it. There is not time to do this before we head out on the 24th, so as soon as we return I'll be shipping it. I really want this repaired as the couple of times the oven worked I loved it - baked an apple pie from scratch and it came out wonderfully!!

Nell

I wanted to conclude this thread by publicly thanking Midwest Sales and Service Inc, Cari for monitoring this forum and putting me in contact with Tammi. I dealt with Tammi, she sent me the box in which I returned my oven. It was returned back to me a couple of weeks ago but we had to wait to get the camper to reinstall and test it. All appears to be working fine with the limited testing we could do. It was out of warranty so I paid the shipping and Midwest took care of the problem. Thank you so much, customer service like this is few and far between these days and I can not tell you how much I appreciate it.

csalmons

I wanted to conclude this thread by publicly thanking Midwest Sales and Service Inc, Cari for monitoring this forum and putting me in contact with Tammi. I dealt with Tammi, she sent me the box in which I returned my oven. It was returned back to me a couple of weeks ago but we had to wait to get the camper to reinstall and test it. All appears to be working fine with the limited testing we could do. It was out of warranty so I paid the shipping and Midwest took care of the problem. Thank you so much, customer service like this is few and far between these days and I can not tell you how much I appreciate it.
Nell,

I want to thank you for working with us. I hope everything did go pretty smoothly. If you have any more problems or questions please do not hesitate to contact us. Happy travels :)