Fuel Staion won't pump very fast

dykster

I have a 2007 Cyclone 3210. When I start up the fuel station it will pump fuel at a good rate for about 3 seconds and then it becomes a very slow trickle. It takes several minutes(10) to pump out a few gallons into my bike.

jimtoo

HI dykster,

Welcome to the Heartland Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure someone will jump in soon with some helpful information to solve your problem.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

porthole

Retired
Open the gas cap.
From what I can tell it is a non venting cap and as you pump the fuel the fuel is not being replaced with air. More noticeable on a full tank.

Do you hear the tank "popping" when using the pump? That is the tank flexing as you are pulling a vacuum on the tank.

I have a 2007 cyclone 3795 that did the same thing, dealer replaced pump and it did the same thing, finally removed check valve and that solved the problem. You might want to check that.

dykster

Removing the gas cap did not work It sounds like something inside the tank. Is this where the check valve is?

dykster

FYI I found the "valve". On the top of the tank where the pump line come in there is a 90 degree fitting. Remove the fuel line from the fitting, unscrew the fitting from the tank, you don't need to remove the tank. In the fitting there is a ball bearing and a spring, there is a sleeve inside the fitting holding the bearing and spring in. I drilled this sleeve out and removed the bearing and spring, I couldn't find a new fitting the same size. After installing everything back my pump now works fine.

porthole

Retired
Sounds like a NHTSA rollover fitting.
As long as you keep the tires on the ground all will be good.
And if you don't that will be the least of your problems.