Axle weights on 2010 Cyclone 3850 and 2002 Dodge dually

mdhill

On a recent trip to Portland found the Woodburn scale closed . They usually leave
scale on so truckers can weigh. I had empty tanks but water lines and water heater
were full of water. I had about 75 gal of diesel in tank behind cab and factory tank
full of fuel. We had all items needed (clothing,etc) for 10 days out. No toys in garage.

front axle.....4800 lbs
drive axle.....7350 lbs
The three axle trailer group weighed 12,200 lbs
The first axle of the group weighed 4,100 so probably weight split perfectly.
Unable to get pin weight but I think it would be about 3,100 lbs . Total weight
is 24,350 lbs. Heavy Mother !!!!!

porthole

Retired
I bought the 3010 because I didn't want all the extra weight of the bigger models. I have you beat on weight and it was a surprising weigh.

mdhill

I bought the 3010 because I didn't want all the extra weight of the bigger models. I have you beat on weight and it was a surprising weigh.

We tried to stay with a two axle but wanted a little more living room and 3 slides.

gpshemi

I have a 3612, on our maiden voyage with gear for our trip to Gatlinburg, (dry and no toys) we came in at 24,020lbs. We're now hauling our golf cart, and some other typical things. I'm guessing we're getting closer to 26,000 now. These are heavy units and I love ours.

mdhill

I have a 3612, on our maiden voyage with gear for our trip to Gatlinburg, (dry and no toys) we came in at 24,020lbs. We're now hauling our golf cart, and some other typical things. I'm guessing we're getting closer to 26,000 now. These are heavy units and I love ours.

We like ours too. We have had lots of small problems but hopefully they are all taken care of now.

jasons09cyclone

I have a 08 f250 and cyclone 3950,, with two quads in the back and half full of water.. and came weighing in at 5060 in the front axle, 7100 in the rear and 14560 on the trailers 3 axles.. total of 26960 lbs. I found out that my fords stock 20" wheels can carry 3750 lbs per tire.. Ive looked at chevys and dodge and dont know why they sell there new trucks w/3100 lbs max weight ratings.. I would have been about 900 lbs over what the tire could carry on the rear axle..

DW_Gray

I have a 08 f250 and cyclone 3950,, with two quads in the back and half full of water.. and came weighing in at 5060 in the front axle, 7100 in the rear and 14560 on the trailers 3 axles.. total of 26960 lbs. I found out that my fords stock 20" wheels can carry 3750 lbs per tire.. Ive looked at chevys and dodge and dont know why they sell there new trucks w/3100 lbs max weight ratings.. I would have been about 900 lbs over what the tire could carry on the rear axle..

Whoa... I may be wrong because I don't know much about the Fords weight certifications, but your Cyclone weight appears to be too much for the F250.

Okay, I just did a quick net check of the '08 Fords and it is possible with the right model.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The scary part is you could be overweight on one side due to being heavier one side and not be overweight overall. You won't know until you weigh each wheel individually. Taking you axle weight and dividing it by two is approximate and not exact.