The horn got new shoes today

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I finally pulled the trigger and had 4 GY 614's installed on the Horn. We are making a looooong trip through some deserts next week........and....not going to take a chance on the "China Bombs". Thought the pricing was not bad (not great). $1156.00... tires, mounted and balanced. The shop let me adjust the brakes, lube the suspension and the Easy Lube bearing while they installed the tires. Montana here we come.

ct0218

Bob,
I just received a flyer in the mail today from Goodyear. They have a $10/tire rebate in the G614 thru 9/30. As I remember go to www.goodyear.com/rv for the form. Have fun on your trip.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Clark...thanks for the link............already on it.

Bill....they put in 110#'s...I watched them and used a torque wrench to do the lug nuts to 110#'s.

Jon, .....no just 4...you have all the money to do 5.

lwmcguir

We had several work loose when we / shop set them at 110. Moved up to 120 and that seamed to solve the problem. After upgrading the axles we set the 9/16 at 150# and still had a couple work loose. Good them to check them every 100 or so miles for the first 500 and then before each trip after that. Actually lost a lug nut and had to order new ones the first 100 miles. Couldn't find the proper nut locally at any of the trailer or part stores.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I believe if you will check he torque should be 120 on the lugnuts on the G rims.