Electric power cord reel option on Landmarks and Bighorns

porthole

Retired
Electric power cord reel

For those of you that have this electric reel option, do any of the installations use a hose roller like this.

This is from the TDI website and before I get too deep into trying to put what looks like a too big of a reel in I was wondering if I need to get one more part.

And Jim B if you are reading this, are you sure it was a TEDI part?

This thing looks awfully big and it was almost $600 less ordering though Tedi's reseller then ordering through Heartland.

RV2057: Thru Wall Roller Bracket

• Allows for exit of cords or hoses thru walls or ceilings
  • Flush mount
  • 3 fixed and 1 removable roller simplifies installation

Attachments

• reel _rollers.jpg
    reel _rollers.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

ChopperBill

No it doesn't use a "fairlead". There is a horizontal "rod" that is toward the top that guides the cord along the top of the reel. You have to feed it back and forth to keep it even. Not enough room on the reel for all the cord if you slop@$$ it on.

porthole

Retired
I changed the title because installing this thing is not happening. :mad:

There is barely enough room to get it in the only available location.
In fact I had to disassemble it trying to squeeze it in.

But - there is a gusset plate right where I need to put this thing so installing it is a no go - very disappointing.

Several calls to TDI Products (manufacturer of the reel) resulted in finding out that TDI has a Heartland specific reel that is smaller in diameter. Don't know if that will solve my problem but they emailed me the blueprint so I get to now go see how it measures it up against what I bought.

porthole

Retired
I have an electric reel for my 50 amp installed and will detail it soon in my "And So It Begins" thread

porthole

Retired
For those at have this option available on a new unit order I would highly recommend it!

Have deployed and retrieved the cord at least a dozen times now and it was well worth the time and expense involved.

Might be something to consider for a 2011 Goshen Rally incentive.