TV Removal

tdharley

I , if I must say so myself am a pretty intuative (maybe not a great speller) guy. But for the life of me I cannot figure out how to remove my TV without damaging the cabinet stile. I want to hookup the surround sound.

I do not see any tie down, though it is very solid

Advise please

PS Why doesn't the factory hook up the surround to the aux. on the TV?

L'l John

In my 3400-RL the surround sound is hooked up to the DVD player. I have to have the DVD on and select the TV on the DVD remote control for the TV to have surround. Maybe yours works the same? :confused:

ChopperBill

On my 3055 there were a couple of Long screws going up from the bottom of the cabinet and into the TV holding it in place. Don't know how they figured the screws wernt going to hit any component's but they didn't. You have to run a cable (not supplied) from the back of the TV to the surround sound. It is covered in the electronic portion of this forum as I didn't have a clue either. After hooking up the surround sound I didn't think it sounded too good for the regular TV broadcasts. It does sound great through the DVD player, and might sound good for an HBO movie but havent tried that.
On edit: to make it work on mine I hooked it to the AUX port on the DVD player and you have to select AUX when you watch the TV.

tdharley

Thanks

I tried everything with the remotes and cannot get it to work. Once I get the TV to move I will be able to figure it out.

No good on the screws, just went out there and nothing.:mad: