Newbie question

rsp1761

My 2008 4012 is working great however the manual it comes with appears to be for another trailer as the gauge panel they show is not the one in my rig. For water mine shows fresh, holding, gray 1 and gray 2. Which is the "black"??

Are there manuals online??

Thanks!
Ross

Thanks so much! Now why do I need 2 gray tanks instead of 1??

One is for the kitchen and one is for the bathroom. People were complaining it only had 1 45 gal gray tank with 110 gal fresh water and the gray would fill up fast. So heartland added another tank to the cyclones in 08'. Glad they did.

crazybanshee

Your 4012 only has one gray tank. Number one on the guage. Number 2 is not used. Didn't add second tank till 2009'
Doug

Doug,

I have an 08 4012 like yours. Have you had any tire issues. I have blown a front axle tire both times I have had it out this year. The tires are original and no dryrot. Pressures were checked and were at 63 lbs 5 hours before the blowout. I have not had any weight in the garage to speak of. Can you share any info that would help.

crazybanshee

Wingracer I have a new set of 15" tires and wheels in the shed from our Cyclone. Took them off the day I brought it home. Now have 16" tires and wheels with 35k on them with no problems. The expense is worth not wrecking a vacation and changing tires a on a highway.
Doug

Doug,

I have an 08 4012 like yours. Have you had any tire issues. I have blown a front axle tire both times I have had it out this year. The tires are original and no dryrot. Pressures were checked and were at 63 lbs 5 hours before the blowout. I have not had any weight in the garage to speak of. Can you share any info that would help.

The 15" tires are to small for the trailer and cannot support the weight. Best thing to do is to buy new 16" wheels and the correct load range tires. I too have the 15" combo and trying to save to get the new set up......Wish Heartland would take care of this, as its a safety issue.

gpshemi

I lost a rear tire in our new 3612 the first trip we took. The tires looked odd to me when we picked it up, but everyone said it was fine. Heartland said it was par for the course. IDK what's true, but considering the numbers, I bought another one and a spare spare. We weren't in a position to buy all new tires. I'll modify the lift to hold two spare tires.