Black & Grey Water Lever Difference

We have an 2011 Cyclone and we I go to dump the black and grey water they are not labeled....can anyone help point me in the direction to which is which???

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Empty a tank completely. Then fill up the kitchen sink a couple of times. Drain the tank. If the one that was empty drains then that is the kitchen tank.

Another way to tell is if you see 'sewer fish' you will know it is the black tank. LOL

DougAndJudy

You may also find that one handle pulls out about an inch further than the other. That one is the black tank (it has a larger valve.)

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hi Chris, If you need help with your Cyclone send a private message to porthole. Duane is our NJ Cyclone expert and I'm sure he'll be happy to help you. He lives pretty close to you as well.

We are on our way and will see you tomorrow. We are looking foward to meeting you and your family.

SmokeyBare

Pick up one of those clear adapters from your favorite Camping Store. They come as a straight as well as a 45 degree angle adapter. Attach that adapter on the sewer connection at the RV. By pulling one valve at a time, you'll soon seewhich is the Black Water Tank by the color of the discharge flowing through the clear adapter. With a practiced eye you'll soon tell the difference between the two gray water tank releases as well. Oh the Joys of discharge !! :)

Marv

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The clear adapters also allow you to know when the flow from the tank has stopped, either because it's empty or something's blocking the valve.

We got a clear adaptor with the shut off valve and when you pull all three valves on the camper open the black and grey water drain together...if you pull each one on its own its just grey water no black...kinda strange to me