Added dedicated electrical outlets in my LM

hoefler

Added dedicated electrical outlets in my LM 08 Mt. Rushmore

After much frustration of tripping breakers, I added 2 dedicated extra outlets. Realizing that the outlets in the dining room, living room and kitchen all on 1 breaker. Could not run a small space heater and coffee pot at the same time, or a toaster and coffeepot either. I added a 15 amp breaker with a GFI outlet to the end of my kitchen counter to plug the coffe pot into. While I was in there, I also added another outlet on another breaker between the refridgerator and steps to the bedroom for my little heater. Now wife is happy, which means I am happy.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
When you rewired did you install another breaker? We also have a problem with making toast and coffee at the same time. We have the toaster and coffee pot on the counter to the left of the fridge. We have a plug in on the counter to the left of the sink, not convienet as I would have to relocate the toaster every morning....tooo lazy.

hoefler

Yes. My breaker panel had space for 2 more breakers, one on each leg. Installed 2 twin breakers, like used from the factory, now I have room for 2 more circuits if I ever need them. Each outlet I installed are on there own breaker, one on each leg in an atempt to maintain a balanced load on the panel.