Front Landing Jacks-Working as planned?

Wharton

We have had our BH 3670 home this week to put in mods, fix it up for our fall trip. We haven't traveled in it yet so the routine for closing it down isn't too smooth yet.

Today we brought in the slides, realized we forgot to take off our head knockers on the bedroom slide, opened it up a little, took off the head knockers, "closed" the slide. I then went to raise the trailer for hitching up. No matter which way I pressed the landing jack switch the trailer went down. Asked DH what he changed, professed innocence. Jacks are now all the ways down and we are scratching our heads(temp in 102 in the sun!!).

I happened to glance up and the the bedroom slide we had opened up a little was out about 1". I am fairly sure I retraced it after we popped it open to remove the head knockers(at least I pushed the button). I went back in, opened all the slides, closed all the slides and then the front landing jack worked properly.

For the life of me I can't understand the logic of if a slide is open a little, the front landing jacks only go down no matter which way the switch is pushed.

I also don't know if when we popped the slide open and then "closed" it if it did not close completely or if we open one slide we need to complete the process with all the slides unless we override the hydraulic system to only open that one slide.

I don't think I will get any answers to this, just be aware of the idiosyncrasy with the slides.

Northern Virginia
I think your hydraulic system still had a little air in the lines which was making it act goofy. After you work everything a few times and get all the air out, I bet everything works correctly.

Btw, what is the head knocker on the bedroom slide?
John

Wharton

Head knocker-

We took a swimming pool noodle, cut off 4 1' sections, cut one end at a 45 deg. angle, sliced the noodle to the middle, hot glued them together and slip them onto the slide corners. Works great.................

davebennington

Warton,

We had that very same problem and when we had our level up system installed the tech noticed this and said something to Bob Tieg (Spelling?) said he could fix this, he is a hydraulic wizard. Now just what he did is beyond my abilities to understand but it works fine now. Give Trailair a call and talk to Bob I think he can help you.

Dave

kkamshop

Is the hydraulic reservoir still full? And do the slides still go in and out? If the level in the reservoir is low follow the hydraulic lines from front jacks to the pump looking for a leak. It is probably just a loose connection where they were working on the system. That is what happened when they installed my Level up.Hope this helps Kenny