Where do you store your companion...

Bighurt

As a contractor I use my pick-up so after trips I generally remove my 5th wheel, being that my Sundance is the only fiver I have. This makes sense.

However due to weight and size, I haven't found a good place to store my Companion.

Currently its hanging from the pin box, which I don't see a problem with but the wife is worried about it falling on an un-suspecting child. It is locked and pinned in place, but she still worried.

So where do you store your Companion, or other removed 5th wheel hitches?

I lug mine down into the basement, but then it is for several months winter storage. It is heavy but I can still manage it. During camping times (like now) if I need the truck to haul building materials I just set the companion on the porch floor by the back door. It will be reinstalled in short order because we have another Heartland rally to attend. I do appreciate the flexibility that the B&W companion gives.

rideblue

I'm glad you brought this up.Maybe I will get off my rear and do what I have been planning for a year! I am going to weld together a square frame on wheels to set it on and just roll it underneath the 5er.