Landmark grey tanks

shelsay

We usually like to keep our kitchen drain valve open while parked. We are wondering if any of you can tell us which tanks (bath or kitchen) are grey #1 and grey #2.

jimtoo

Hi David and Patricia,

Normally, the #1 is the shower, bath sink and #2 is the kitchen sink. Easy way to tell is open valve and just pour a pot of coffee down the drain and watch it come out. Of course,,, I would not recommend you drink it when it comes out. :D

Jim M

skh

Pretty sure bathroom is grey 1 and kitchen grey 2. I have a 2011 Grand Canyon also, does your bedroom door work OK? Mine is about a half inch high to both shut and latch open, haven't gotten around to fixing it.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It all depends on who labeled them at the factory. Everyone told me gray 1 was bathroom but it was labeled as gray 2. Could have been it seemed like it should have been gray 2 the day it was built or maybe the installer was smoking something LOL. I took a magic marker and marked mine Galley and BR (bathroom) the heck with 1 & 2.

wdk450

From my wife yelling about the shower water building up in the shower pan, and me pulling the gray#1 lever that fixed the situation, I have deduced that grey #1 is the shower, and gray #2 is the kitchen on my Bighorn. Your results may vary.
An early purchase at WallyWorld after getting the Bighorn was a labelmaker. Now the dump handles are marked as "Shower" and "Kitchen" as well as the tank monitor readouts (for whatever THAT is worth!).
Most people like to keep all 3 valves CLOSED while hooked up in a park, so that when you DO dump the Black tank, you can then flush out the pipes and the connector hose with large volumes of the cleaner, soapy, kitchen and shower waste water.

ChopperBill

Off the topic but the bedroom door on our 3610 had the striker about a 1/2 too high. I just lowered the striker 1/2 inch and whittled out the wood for the latch to go in. Took about 10 minutes. The door guys must had had some bad days because I have heard of several that did that.

shelsay

I guess we hit the good door day--no problem with ours.

Thanks for the answers and suggestions. We plan to relabel ours as well--had a labeler in our previous unit for several years and moved it to the new one.

skh

Yep, same here but haven't gotten around to moving the striker. Don't know if I'll move the latch to hold it open or just keep pulling on it to latch it open. Used the label maker to mark under the bedroom slide control OPEN BEDROOM DOOR, seems pointless to have it marked at the top of the actual door!

2010augusta

Yep, same here but haven't gotten around to moving the striker. Don't know if I'll move the latch to hold it open or just keep pulling on it to latch it open. Used the label maker to mark under the bedroom slide control OPEN BEDROOM DOOR, seems pointless to have it marked at the top of the actual door!

Off the topic but the bedroom door on our 3610 had the striker about a 1/2 too high. I just lowered the striker 1/2 inch and whittled out the wood for the latch to go in. Took about 10 minutes. The door guys must had had some bad days because I have heard of several that did that.

You all might check out my leaning door post, the striker might line up when the door is straight. I had to return the striker to the original position after fixing the door.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The other way to tell is to open them. Gray #1 (bathroom/shower) drains sloooowly. Gray #2 almost knocks the sewer hose off. The only time I leave a tank open is when we're running the W/D. Then I open Gray #1 until the wash is done.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The other way to tell is to open them. Gray #1 (bathroom/shower) drains sloooowly. Gray #2 almost knocks the sewer hose off. The only time I leave a tank open is when we're running the W/D. Then I open Gray #1 until the wash is done.

If gray 1 drains slowly it could be possible the cutoff for the drain hole is partly blocking the drain. Most times when they cut the hole for the drain the cutout falls in the tank and at some time in the future washes out of the tank. Flush out the tank with a number of times and it might flush it out. It took 8-10 tank fulls to get mine flushed out.

Re: the door striker. Ours in our 2011 Landmark GC was off also, as was the travel locking latch for the door. Hubby had to move both. Seems there were several bad days at the factory when ours was built.