How often should camp ground operators clean the showers?

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I managed hotels for years, we cleaned the showers every day, so why would a camp ground be any different?

The camp ground we are at now ( we are leaving in the morning) has not cleaned the showers since we arrived last Tuesday.

I was obvious by the spider webs with the same bugs in them, or maybe it was the elastic for a pony tail in the same location on the floor.

This morning there was an unmentionable pad on the floor. I returned to the trialer and used our facilities.

I like to use the aprk facilities, it's all part of the camping experience to me, you know getup go for a shower etc.

I will not mention the name of the park here but if asked by anyone about the camp ground, my comment will be, very nice camp ground, rated number 8 in USA, but be sure to use your own shower.

We use the woodals rating book, they must have missed this palce for a while.

Bighurt

I have been at places that were cleaned daily and weekly, I like the daily ones better. I don't mind the weekly if they at least go through and inspect daily, IE remove garbage, make sure it works, etc.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Not exactly a campground, but one RV park on the Oregon coast that I frequent inspects the showers/bathrooms and laundry facilities at least twice a day, and cleans them that often if necessary.

dieselsweetheart

I would mention your findings to the manager and inquire just what their policy is. Maybe someone is shirking their job! And, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Having been work campers the last 2 winters, we cleaned showers daily and checked them again in the mid afternoon. If they needed attention or any paper goods we replenished them. The last place in Indio, CA even provided shaving equipment, shave cream, mouth wash, q-tips, hand lotion and smelly stuff. It may have been generic or dollar store product but the facilities were first class.
Ifn I were you, I wouldn't hesitat to provide the name of the place and even go so far as to review it on This website

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The other thing I would do is notify Woodalls and tell they about your experience and their rating being wrong.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I agree with Ray and Cheryl. We too park hosted at a state park recently and cleaned the restrooms once a day and checked them again at least once a day on busy weekends. How can the management correct the problem if they don't know that guests are upset? Give them a chance to change this, then make your decision to return or not. In any case, fairly review the park so that others will know.

imchud

I managed hotels for years, we cleaned the showers every day, so why would a camp ground be any different?

The camp ground we are at now ( we are leaving in the morning) has not cleaned the showers since we arrived last Tuesday.

I was obvious by the spider webs with the same bugs in them, or maybe it was the elastic for a pony tail in the same location on the floor.

This morning there was an unmentionable pad on the floor. I returned to the trialer and used our facilities.

I like to use the aprk facilities, it's all part of the camping experience to me, you know getup go for a shower etc.

I will not mention the name of the park here but if asked by anyone about the camp ground, my comment will be, very nice camp ground, rated number 8 in USA, but be sure to use your own shower.

We use the woodals rating book, they must have missed this palce for a while.

What I would like to know is... what kind of "PIG" leaves what i think you are talking about on the floor?? Sometimes people never cease to amaze me....

Tom

noobee

A few years ago, we stay at Distant Drums RV Resort in Camp Verde AZ. They have private washrooms that have a shower, toilet, sink, etc. When you return the key after using the facilities, they cleaned the unit. Yes, cleaned after each use. I was impressed.

BTW: rarely do I use the park's washroom/shower facilities as too many are not up to my sanitary standards.

CS

Delaine and Lindy

We don't use RV park showers, thats why we have a shower in the 5er. I do use the John etc. However I do think they should be cleaned every 24 hrs. We have used several KOA's this trip only when we are staying less than a week. They don't have Monthly rates???? But the KOA's have been very clean, and most everything worked, WiFi is our big thing. We have our on TV Sattelite system and never use Cable. GBY...

navyAZ1

Ann and I have been campground host in 4 different GA state parks at different times during the last 2 years. I can tell you that we were required to clean the bath houses once a day and check them 3 to 4 times a day for items that may need attention. We then did a "deep clean" once a week usually on a Monday since it was a lot slower then. We got many comments from the campers about how they appreciated the clean restrooms and showers. Personally I never use the campground facilities just feel better using our own and knowing who was in there just before us.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We use the facilities in our RV. Too many diseases and unclean people to use other facilities. Not just talking about STDs but Swine Flu, Hepatitis, Colds, etc. Every got athletics foot from a shower? Point made. MHO