Battery compartment

jgall1941

I have a 2010 Edge M18. The battery compartment is in the front behind the gas bottles. Does anyone have an idea on how to put the battery in that little box after moving the gas bottles? I have had to actually put the battery on its side to get it in and I believe I am getting too old for this. Any suggestions? Thank you - Jgall1941

Northern Virginia
I am curious as to why you are removing the battery. My dad is still recovering from his third hernia operation, in part because he yanks his batteries out constantly. I agree that I would avoid that task as much as possible. Dad keeps buying cheapo Chinese batteries that he can't seem to get more than a season out of. I can't convince him to spend a few extra bucks on the top of the line that will last him many years.

John

jgall1941

My understanding is that because we live in Florida with the heat, it was best to take the battery out because it would drain the power in it, and then the battery would deteriorate. Again that is what my understanding is/was. Thank you for your response. Maybe I need to leave the battery in then.
jgall1941 (joe)

Northern Virginia
Your right that heat isn't good for a battery. But I think if you keep the water level full and keep the charger on it, don't deplete it more than 80% and a time, then you should be able to leave it in place. Besides, there is a lot of heat in the engine compartment of a car and they seem to last many years just fine.

John

lwmcguir

I use either a sealed or semi-sealed battery. And they do last several years. I don't like having to add water so that is the route I take. (always 12 volts)

bighorn3370

Jgall1941, You may want to put a battery discount switch in. If you leave you trailer in storage their will be a draw of porer on the battery from the propane sensor,radio if it is 12v. this will drain the battery down. just my two cents. Ernie